Author Topic: Giving myself a smaller size for Christmas  (Read 8186 times)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: Giving myself a smaller size for Christmas
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Its funny you say that Jen.When I look in the mirror at home I still see fat,but when I look at my self in the mirrors at stores I tell doug we need to bring that mirror home it makes me look great!!! i think it comes from never being satisfied.Girls with curly hair want straight.Girls with straight hair want curly ,etc.I think the best thing you can do is to  look at yourself in the mirror and learn to love the person you see.We are more than a number or a dress size.I am very busty so I would look ridiculous if I got below a 10 and stayed there.(think dolly parton :D) :DI think its finding a weight and size that you feel good   when you look in the mirror and can maintain easily. I think age has a lot  to do with it to.At 47 I am not in competition with  other women either,so I can just love living in my skin ;)

I so totally agree! At home I see the old me, at the movie theater the other night I was shocked to see the chick looking back at me in the mirror. I also think your right about finding a size your comfortable in and that's easy to maintain. With FTS we could all be a size 4 if we wanted to be but I just don't want to work that hard to maintain it. I think finding a size your comfortable with, that you feel good about yourself yet still can eat comfortably is so important. I like my whipped cream, my caramel mousse, my grilled cheese and ham pitas. If I was a four I couldn't do that. Also, I agree that being older (43) and married I'm not in competition with anyone but myself. I think if I was in my 20's I would probably try to lose more, so finally there is an upside to being older! :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
I love getting older!!! I have really cool stuff now!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »
Your picture in the new book is awesome Sherripie and you will be such an encouragement to every single person that picks that book up. You look absolutely beautiful!  You too Jan, was looking at your facebook pics the other night you should post some of them on here and let everyone see as you look so beautiful with the 100 off.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
Sherrie you look beautiful... you rock!!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
Sherri I dropped in today just to check on you and see if you made your goal.  I am so happy for you that you found your comfort size and were able to go shopping for some cute clothes!  My hubby used to work at Dillard's so I know exactly what you are talking about looking down their nose.  Of course my hubby wasn't like that.  Wish I could get rid of my muffin top...it's time for pilates as just fts hasn't gotten rid of it completely.  Some of it is loose skin (yuck!) lol

I was actually able to put on a L aeropostal shirt...they run really small so I completely understand your joy! :)

Congrats on the new you!  Enjoy it girlfriend!  Merry Christmas to you!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!