Author Topic: Yay  (Read 3615 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yay
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »
I got my book yesterday.. Im so excited...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yay
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
I got mine TOO Alex!!   My mom lives next door. As she drove by she saw the postman putting the package in my box!  She called me at work, and offered to get it and drive it to me at my office in town (10 miles away)!  ha ha   I told her I could wait til I got home!   Oh.... I definitely brought it with me today!!   I love it!!!  ;D   Thank you Doug!!!!!   ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »
Got mine yesterday too, so happy ;)!!!!
With God all things are possible
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
and Jan, I lived next door to my mom and dad for 18 years on a farm about 5 minutes from here, than after mom died and dad was dying we sold the farm and moved here, we loved having things that way all those years, it was great when all was well, than just a few months after we moved here, my daughter and family bought the house next door to us, haha so now she can say 'mom' lives next door, and having my granddaughter so close is so precious.
Rosie

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »
That's GREAT Rosie!  My parents gave my brothers and I land as we all got married, so we all live close too!  I actually live smack in the middle of the pasture where I used to ride my horse when I was a kid.  My dad passed away in 2008, but mom is doing great!  She's VERY active in her church, and has gone to Uganda recently doing mission work.   She has one of those big zero turn lawn-mowers, and she cuts EVERYBODY's grass in the family!  ...says she LOVES it!  (the sweetest "yard man" you ever saw!  ha ha)  She also has a golf cart, and she rides all over the neighborhood visiting and just finding excuses to get out of the house.   Oh, I'll probably be living here when I die...... unless we can figure a way to move to the Keys!  ha ha ha  (dreaming.....)  ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »
wow Jan that is so awesome.  My dad was a preacher, we constantly moved as kids, but when he retired he came up here bought a small farm and told us all he'd give us land, so we loved it and put us a place on it but my brother or sister did not want to move to the 'boonies' so they never did come. We loved it for years, than my back injury happened so that ended my days of 'playing' on the farm, than  mom and dad began to become feable, than my husband had it all to care for plus work a job 50 miles away, so life got 'rough'. Mom passed in 2006 and hubby had his first heart attack so we decided time to simplify, so we moved to one acre  and a smaller home, but those memories are sweet ones for sure.
Rosie

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »
i am listening to the cd at work through my work computer... this will be an everyday ritual.. I will make a habit of it...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
I am so glad you like the book!! We live next door to dougs parents in the Keys.And in North Carolina we are building a family compound.So as our parents age they can just be our neighbors.Then if the kids want to move there they can too :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
Maddysmom the first house on the right is dougs moms house :D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 09:45:17 AM »
Umpa, that is so wonderful.  I don't really remember any of the other houses. Just before we turned on your street, one of those little key deers ran right across the street in front of us, then we saw another one standing in one of your neighbor's yards.  I was all taken with that at the time!   They are so much smaller than the deer we see here in GA.  So cute!!   

Oh, I listened to Doug's cd this morning, and it is GREAT!!  So encouraging and motivating!!!  I plan to share it with some friends, but I won't be ready to let go of it for a while!   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
You can get just the cd for $4.95 at www.shop.fattoskinny.com  ;)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »
Got my book yesterday!  Can't wait to listen to the CD!  Thanks Doug and Umpa!  Merry Christmas!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
Merry Christmas Amber! :)

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:38:08 PM »
Just ordered mine!
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »
Your gonna love it! ;)