Author Topic: Stepped on the scale this morning....  (Read 2108 times)

AliciaInTX

Stepped on the scale this morning....
« on: January 12, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »

And I'm down 10 lbs since Monday before last!! I had started Atkins on that day and fell off about mid week. Since I've started FTS I've consistently lost a pound a day. I'm BEYOND thrilled and haven't had horrible cravings. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the awesome information and support and for giving me a way of eating that I can stick with!

On a side note - I ordered some of the breadcrisps and have been having them with my bacon, egg and cheese in the mornings for breakfast and I love them! They remind me of the old ryecrisp crackers my grandparents used to always have on their table and with the cheese melted onto them (I put the cheese on first, then the hot scrambled egg, then bacon), they soften up enough to make them not so cardboard-y. :)

Thank you, guys! Looking forward to continuing on this journer with ya'll. :)

AliciaInTX

Re: Stepped on the scale this morning....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
Okay....got excited after reading the brownie post and decided to order Umpa's baking book! :) Now....I'm a little nervous. I've been really happy and had very low cravings for sweets, while still enjoying my jello with whipped cream at the night for a little "reward for good behavior". I'm kind of afraid to eat anything sweet that tastes really awesome for fear of OVER doing it  and sending my cravings into a twist.
I'd really like to hear from those of you who do eat yummy treats that in the past, you might have um....overeaten. Is the sugar freak in me going to be satisfied with just one or would I be sabotaging myself by making them so early in?

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »
was it my brownie post?  lol 

What I have done is bake once a week only.. also, because its NOT SUGAR, you dont get the actually cravings.. At least I dont.. i.e.. I would eat a pastry and then I wanted something else and then something else or I could eat more than one or even at a time.. Now, Im extremely satisfied with just one slice/piece of what I bake...

Hope that helps..

NOW to the other part... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Alicia on your 10 lbs down girl... Congrats... you are rocking it!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »
Way to go Alicia!!   Isn't it exciting to see the scale move like that!   ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
Kudos on the 10 pounds, Alicia! :) :) :) :) :)

One of the beautiful parts of FTS is the HUGE array of sweet treats we can eat!
And eaten in moderation (and NOT everyday), they will normally not impede our progress.

However, the sugar alcohols (sweeteners) we use in most of them have been known to cause stall outs.
In fact, Doug recommends that they be the first thing we remove if we plateau (assuming portion control).

Next to keeping our carbs at or below 20 a day, portion control is VERY important.
If we eat too much of anything, weight loss will be effected.

So go ahead and enjoy them occasionally in moderation! ;D
But if you find that your progress slows way down or stops, consider removing sweets first.
Most often, weight loss will resume shortly afterword.
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
Once again, you guys rock! Thanks for the support and info.
Alex, yes...it was your brownie post and everyone was commenting how awesome they are and oooh....chocolate! :) I just don't know if I'm ready to restrain myself if I were to bake them. So....I may just hold off on that for a while. I've been SO GOOD about portion control and I'm really pleased with my progress. I want it to KEEP GOING! Maybe in two weeks when I'm another 10lbs down (crossing fingers on this one!), I'll bake some FTS brownies to celebrate. And I'll let myself have one and will share the rest with the kids and the neighbors, so they aren't around to tempt me! :)

Thanks again, ya'll!!!

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »
We can do it!
 :)
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »
You can do anything you want,you just have to make up your mind to do it! :)