Author Topic: Hi and how is everyone doing?  (Read 1908 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
Hi and how is everyone doing?
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
Hi there -- I'm hanging in -- finally got back on the LC wagon and boy howdy it's day 3 and I'm feeling better already.  Made LC pizza quiche to take to work and some LC beef celery soup, and will take some shrimp and a salad and some berries......i'm eating LC and I'm eating GOOD! 

Plus I feel so much better without the sugar. 

Hope you are all having a nice weekend -- Today is my monday....bleah....

Knowing you are all here to listen, support, and even a pat on the back when I was on the sugar binge sure was helpful to enable me to get back on track.  YAYYYYY Fat to Skinny!

Hug....Elizabeth

owensmath

Re: Hi and how is everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »
Hi, Elizabeth. Low carb piza quiche sounds interesting to me. Would you consider posting the recipe?

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:08:56 AM »
I got the recipe from jimmy akin low carb pizza google.  there is also a jimmy akin low carb pizza youtube. 

Basically a 9 x 13 x 2 disk -- I put in some pizza sauce on bottom (keeps mozarrela from burning) and then put cheese, then put pizza veggies, mushrooms, olives, onions (just a little bit, enough to give it the flavor.  Then i had some eggs whisked together -- I think about 2 eggs and 3 egg whites and put that over (carefully, it all wanted to come out in one spot) I put that over the stuff I put in -- the eggs holds it togethern, then I put on a little more cheese and then put some pepperoni's on top -- I baked it in a 350 oven for about....about 35 minutes, and then it really needs to cool down somewhat to solidify.  then I cut into squares and put it in tupperware to take a piece to work when I want.  It is pretty yum. 

I made quiche yesterday with 6 eggs (took out some yolks though whisked together with 3/4 cup heavy  cream and a couple cans of diced green chilis and then baked that for 35 mintes...oh, i had put some cheese in there too.  It was pretty yum.  I put a square of that on a plate with a dollop of sour cream and a little bit of heated up salsa, just a little, and oh I sliced some avacado -- it was very Spanish flavored. 

I don't usually cook using exact measurements.  I think the best way to learn the LC pizza though is to watch jimmy akin's video on youtube.  Nothing like a picture to see how to do something. 

Good luck!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
have a great day Elizabeth! You are doing great! ;)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »
Hi Elizabeth   Boy those sure sound good!!  Thanks so much for sharing  ;)  The pizza really sounds interesting   

I don't usually cook using exact measurements.
  Be careful of this though.  I have cooked that way for all my life and it's a hard habit to break  LOL  With FTS  you really need to know how much is in there because with somethings just a little can add up quick  ;) 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
We're always here for you, Elizabeth! :) :) :)
You're doing great!
What you do today is what matters!

tonia175

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:57:52 AM »
HI Elizabeth!
 Good to hear from you!!!
 I'm doing good.
Take care hon. :)