Lean On My Shoulder > Bear Den

Diet + Exercise (that you can tolerate) = even more success

(1/2) > >>

guypacot:
I'm feeling so much better these days that in addition to my 5x/week morning cardio/resistance training I've been adding another 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer at the Fire Station where I work.  I've been doing this now for two weeks and just weighed myself again last night and lost another 6 lbs.

Let me stress that I have not taken this weight loss as license to augment my diet with additional carbs.  I know myself all too well and I cannot allow myself even one minute of diet-conscience-lapse or I will spiral downward very quickly.  What I am saying is that as we feel better, we can add additional exercise into our regimens and experience not just more weight loss, but more energy, strength, and general well-being.

I also want to say that given my plethora of health problems that if I can do this, anyone can.

Don't let temporary setbacks sidetrack you from your ultimate goals.  I have diet and exercise accountability partners (that's why I go to our community rec center to work out) and that helps keep me on the straight and narrow.  If you find yourself struggling, get some good friends involved in those areas.  Goals are nothing without accountability.

mouseissue:
Kudos to you, Guy! :) :) :)
I'm happy to hear about your improved health and commitment to keeping it... After all, that's why we are living this way! ;)

suzlyn454:
Well said Guy!

shawn116:
I agree.... well said!!  We are all here for eachother  ;)

Maddysmom:
I am hoping I get the same results as you Guypacot!   Last Wednesday, I started going to our local college track at 6:15am every morning (except Sunday) and walking!  This is all NEW for me, because I've always hated exercise.  I started out doing one mile, but for the past couple days I have walked 2 miles!  It really is neat to be out there on the track for the sunrise!  I really feel GREAT, and I'm sleeping like a baby at night!   I sure hope it shows up on the scale by this weekend.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version