Author Topic: The Difference between STALLED and STOPPED  (Read 4110 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Difference between STALLED and STOPPED
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:13:01 AM »
  ;D  anyone got a definition for a STALLED weight loss and a STOPPED weight loss?  How long is it stalled before it's classed as stopped?  lol
At the moment it seems a snail's pace - not that it's stopping me from continuing.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Difference between STALLED and STOPPED
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
I think the body just takes readjustment time  ;) How are your jeans??

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
Hi Morgan, cut back further on your carbs and watch portions. You may need to get under 10 per day. If you're gaining weight you're eating more sugar than you're burning. If you're not losing weight but not gaining weight you're burning what you're taking in...no more no less. If you're losing weight then you're burning all your sugar PLUS additional stored sugar (FAT) for fuel.

You have three choices if you wish to continue losing weight.

Door#1- Reduce sugar until the scale starts to drop.

Door#2- Leave your carb intake the same and increase activity until the scale starts to drop.

Door#3- Reduce sugar AND increase activity. The scale will drop faster

It's as simple as that, make some moves...pick a door and your plateau will break. Of course portion sizes should always be followed.

I know it can be frustrating when you plateau but trust me the above advice if followed will get you moving again. I've spoken to thousands of readers who have dropped 30 pounds in the first months and many others who have only dropped half that amount in a month. The difference is always the same. The people who drop the most weight fast have a much lower carb intake than the people who drop the weight slower. It's important for you to recognize it's all about the science.

The 20 carb rule is for "most" people but some people including myself and maybe you are very sensitive to sugar. Most days I stay less than 15 carbs. It's time for a review of your intake including your portion sizes.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
Hi doug - my carb count averages between 5-15 daily, rarely below that or higher.  Activity is sporadic as it is freezing down here at the moment, but have been thinking of dragging my treadmill inside - have to fight my way into the stuff stored in the garage that I haven't unpacked since my move.  I usually work on the house or the garden when weather permitting and exhausted when finished with that for the day.  I know u  say to stop the sugar alcohols - the only ones I have is in the square of SF choc I have at the end of my day with my last coffee.  Please don't tell me I have to give that up (0.02 c/sq).  I may have to submit my meal plans and see if I going awry somewhere.  I don't think I overdoing portion sizes.  Though I have a feelling it may be activity that is to blame. 

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:12 AM »
Hi Morgan
Four things I might suggest without seeing your menu is to:
1.  Be sure you are measuring or weighting your portions.  This is something I am so guilty of.  My portions somehow get bigger as I eyeboll them..haha
2.  Eat only half of what you have and wait 15 minutes to see if you really want the other half.
3.  Make your own sugar free chocolates without sugar alcohols  ;)
4.  Keep a log of what you are eating with the counts....it keeps you accountable to yourself and gives you clues of what may be tripping you up. 

Like Umpa said it might just be a readjustment time for your body or could be something you are eating.  I think Sherripie found that even certain packaged lunch meats would stall her.  Hang in there....we are right here along with you 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:25 AM »
Hi and thanks TooSweet - how do you make your own chocolates?  I write down what I eat as the day goes on and add the carbs as I go.  That 15 minute rule is a sticking point though - the food gets cold  :P  The vegies (and approved fruit) I weigh, the protein not so much.   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »
I forget its  weather down under!  :) The chocolates are in the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book. I love the peanut butter cups. ;)

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:36:12 AM »
Here ya go Morgan.  This is Umpas recipe for chocolate chips.  You can use the FTS zero in these and add what you like to them   :)  

Chocolate Chips
Ingredients

2 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
1/4 cup xylitol
1/4 cup cream

Melt chocolate in microwave safe dish.
Take out of microwave and add xylitol and heavy whipping cream and mix well.
Pour out into 9x9 pan,plate or pie pan and put in the freezer.
Freeze for 3 hours. Once frozen break into pieces and use for recipes .
 A pastry bag may be used to make chips also. Let chocolate come to room temperature and put in pastry bag and squeeze chips out onto parchment or wax paper. Then freeze and use as needed.

I had been working on a recipe using coconut oil and 0 carb coca powder but I haven't perfected it yet.  It was really good though.... I just haven't had the time to work on it again.  Believe me it's on my to do list....haha  You can also use this http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3741.30 , http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=135.45 here http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4041.0 , http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3744.30 , http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=140.0  I'm with you on the chocolates though....I find it hard to give those up  :-\  My current favorite is the sugar free Dove peanut butter.  I have to watch those....I have very little self control with them  HA!  

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
I always make extra chocolate chips and keep in the freezer so I can grab them when I need them ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:01:13 AM »
The difference between stalled and stopped is expectations.  If you know that you have your eating under control, then you expect that the weight will come off and it is just a matter of time.  While your body adjusts to what you have already lost, you stick with the FTS lifestyle because you KNOW it has helped you feel better and in control.

If you think you have "stopped," the negative thoughts start creeping in and you give yourself permission to fudge here and there and, before you know it, you are hooked on carbs and gaining back what you worked so hard to lose.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »
Well said ;)

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:56 AM »
The difference between stalled and stopped is expectations.  If you know that you have your eating under control, then you expect that the weight will come off and it is just a matter of time.  While your body adjusts to what you have already lost, you stick with the FTS lifestyle because you KNOW it has helped you feel better and in control.

If you think you have "stopped," the negative thoughts start creeping in and you give yourself permission to fudge here and there and, before you know it, you are hooked on carbs and gaining back what you worked so hard to lose.

That's it in a nut shell Andrea  ;)   Maintaining or losing I feel better plain and simple

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
Good morning, Umpa.  I hope you had a good weekend.  I had 24 hours with my 20 month old granddaughter so I'm in a "life is good" mood.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »
How cool! 3 days is my max for a 3 year old. Grandbabies are such fun though! :)