Author Topic: Meal Plan in Pictures  (Read 2192 times)

Rena

Meal Plan in Pictures
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:22 PM »
http://renajjones.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-do-low-carbers-eat.html

Rick thinks I'm nuts, but I blogged about what I eat as a low-carber. :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Meal Plan in Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »
Hi Rena! :)

I don't think you're nuts!
I think it's great that you are sharing this lifesaving program with others through pictures and blogs.

The more lives saved, the better!!! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
Rena, what kind of almond milk is 0 carbs? I have only found the one that has 1 carb.

Rena

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »
Rena, what kind of almond milk is 0 carbs? I have only found the one that has 1 carb.

I was referring to Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk because it says 1 carb and lists 1 fiber. Wouldn't that make it zero or did I misread it?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:16:34 AM »
Its a zero.I haven't seen that one yet.Mine is one carb a cup  ;)

Rena

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Its a zero.I haven't seen that one yet.Mine is one carb a cup  ;)

Thanks for letting me know, Umpa. I've been known to read a label wrong more times than I can count. This milk is in the refrigerator section, not on the shelves. I find it at Walmart, Smiths, Albertsons, and a few other places.

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
I've been looking for the silk brand...LOL  The only I have been able to find is the Blue diamond with 1 card also.  I had no idea how good it was though!!!   :o :o    Rena I love your pictures!!  It isn't weird at all.  I think it will help others that are just starting or even resistant to start to see how great our meals really are.  I hear all the time from people that they just couldn't eat the way I have to.  They just don't realize that I'm not giving up eating well.  If I have a chance to show them they are surprised...LOL  I think they think I am starving myself  ;D ;D 

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
I'm glad I asked about the brand. I looked at the carton in my refrigerator and it's Silk and Rena is absolutely correct. It says 1 g carb and 1 g fiber! YAY! :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 08:10:33 AM »
TooSweet congrats on the  10 pounds! :)

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:47 PM »
Thanks Umpa

It is actually more than that because about mid way I bought a new scale that was easier to read but at the same time added 5 Lbs  :'(   So I feel like I have had to loose the same 5 Lbs twice....LOL  I'm on the right track now though.  I don't mind loosing slowly as long as it keeps going down and most important the sugar stays low.... ;) 

Rena

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
I'm glad I asked about the brand. I looked at the carton in my refrigerator and it's Silk and Rena is absolutely correct. It says 1 g carb and 1 g fiber! YAY! :)

Yay for fiber! :D :D