Author Topic: McDonald's  (Read 5527 times)

Chrissy

• View Profile
    • Email
McDonald's
« on: December 29, 2011, 06:06:18 PM »
SOOOOOO.....I went through the drive thru at the local McDonald's.  I decided to take a stab and said to the girl..."I'll have a grilled chicken club sandwich with no bun, please."  she didn't even balk...i got to the window and they had used romaine as my "bun" and put it in a little side salad container.  I was pleasantly surprised!  Now, I know that eating fast food, no matter what, isn't the best option...but, I was out and about and this made for a great option!!!
ER nurse, wife, mom of a Marine (now out of active duty) and three fur babies.

Rena

Re: McDonald's
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:22:20 PM »
They actually used to have them on the menu like that a few years back when low-carb eating was all the rage. I'm glad to hear they didn't balk at you. You never know sometimes! :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
I love the fast food places when out and about.I just bring Josephs Pitas with me and fill them up with the burger and veggies.Sherripie turned me on to them.I also like to fill them with cheese and pop them in the microwave for 1 1/2  minutes.Gooey Goodness! :D

freeinHim

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »
Wow, Chrissy....it's great to hear that they didn't balk.  I'd read that others just order with the bun and throw it away, but I think it'd be to much of a temptation for me.  I figured that if I tried ordering without the bun, they'd look at me sideways!  I'm happy to hear that you had a good response.  I'll try it sometime when the need arises.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
Eating at fast food places like Mc, BK, Hardees, Wendy's is just fine ordering the way that you did. The meats are good quality the rest is veggies :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:09:21 AM »
I dont know if yall have a dairy queen but they are the bomb they give you a knife & fork and they are delish . I had to leave the burger king window because it was to hard for them to understand for some reason .

If you get it and then take the bun off it akes half the cheese off .

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »
5 pounds down thats great Freeinhim! I have never been in a restaurant that didn't want to please me so they could take my money. ;)

freeinHim

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
Thanks, Umpa....and in four days, no less!  I know I shouldn't step on the scale already, but I wanted to be sure that it was working!   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »
You are very welcome ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 10:01:25 AM »
I eat out at fast food all the time. Mcdonalds is one of my favs for breakfast. They have a steak bagel and egg sandwich that is yummy. I have them leave the onions and sauce off, then take the steak and egg and put it in a pita. Yummers! Wendys is also really good at just giving the meat. If you order without the bun there it comes in a cute little black plastic container with a fork. Also Hardees (AKA Carls Jrs) has low carb breakfast bowls on the menu and they will lowcarb any burger they have, it's even listed on the menu.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Chrissy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I love the fast food places when out and about.I just bring Josephs Pitas with me and fill them up with the burger and veggies.Sherripie turned me on to them.I also like to fill them with cheese and pop them in the microwave for 1 1/2  minutes.Gooey Goodness! Cheesy

I've never heard of these...will have to investigate!

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Most Walmarts carry the Josephs Pitas Chrissy.  Ours has a hard time keeping them in.  You can also get the lavish bread there that is great to make chips, pizza roll ups...etc...LOL  Good stuff.  I throw one in my purse just in case I have to stop somewhere  ;)

Chrissy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »
Thanks!  I'll have to check my WalMart..are they usually just in the regular bread isle???

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 02:25:16 PM »
Hi Chrissy!  I don't think I've said "hello" to you as yet!   Welcome to the forum!!  Happy New Year too!   ;D

Chrissy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 02:48:38 PM »
Thanks for the welcome...i'm finding such a wealth of information and friendly help here!  I'm so excited to make FTS my way of life!!!!