Author Topic: Need help ...only 6 lbs in 4 weeks  (Read 7810 times)

kimmieG

• View Profile
Need help ...only 6 lbs in 4 weeks
« on: May 04, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
Would luv to know whats wrong that I am not loosing any faster ?  My food intake involves 20 Net carbs , for example, for breakfast:  eggs & bacon or ham & cheese omlette - lunch is salad w/ meat & creamy dressing - dinner is meat & salad, green beans or cole slaw made w/ splenda.  Desserts & snacks - sugar free jello, cucumbers, cheese, pork rines or peanuts.  2 diet pepsi & tons of water.  I just starting adding a cocktail back in moderation (vodka & crystal lite).  I have 30 lbs to loose so what is keeping me from loosing like everyone else ?  Please help - I am very frustrated & ready to give up.
Thanks,
Kim

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Need help ...only 6 lbs in 4 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:03:26 AM »
Splenda has carbs. Carbs may be sneaking in on you! I find that keeping a diary of what I eat helps. Check the recipe section you will very quickly become bored with a bland diet. You should be enjoying your food!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:38 AM »
Hi Kim, give up and do what? This is what I noticed when I read your post. You reported that you're eating plenty of great food, enjoying your evening cocktail, not killing yourself in the gym AND you've lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks. So I'll ask again, give up and do what? Kim the way your eating now is correct, your body has used 6 pounds of FAT as fuel over the past 30 days. It did this because you have cut the sugar from your diet. Slow as it may seem for you the weight is and will continue to come off. You have now learned how sugar and carbs have made you fat and by removing them the fat starts to melt. Do you ever see yourself going back to your "old ways" of eating or are you now fully entrenched in your new lifestyle change?

These are the things I think you you should do;

#1-Take the pressure off yourself, this is not a competition, you're not in a race.
#2-Keep tweeking your food intake and make certain no sugar is sneaking in. As Beebs pointed out Splenda does contain carbs. 1/2 carb per pack 24 per cup. Check every label and keep an eye on portion control.
#3- Go back into the book and read the chapter "When Should You Eat"  ONLY EAT when you're hungry. If you're eating by the clock and not by your bodies needs you may be eating to much food for your true needs.
#4- Consider adding more activity into your life if you wish to speed up the weight loss process.   

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

UFGatorJenn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:29:24 AM »
Kim don't give up!!  You 6 pounds closer to your goal and your doing great!  Son't be so hard on yourself, it will happen just stay positive!

Jenn

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »
Kim,
You are headed in the right direction! Don't turn around and head back the other way. Stick to the healthy way of living and feel better! It may take differing amounts of time for each of us, but we are on the right road. We all hit these slow times or even speed bumps, so to speak. Whatever you do, don't give up and go back to eating sugar (or "poison" as I see it).
Donna

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »
hey kimmie ;)
    what are you putting on those salads?>> could be the culprit...and whoa watch those peanuts i know they are addicting, sit down intending to eat a handful...next thing you know the whole jar is gone :-[... only eat when you're hungry...and don't eat till you're stuffed and just because Doug says you can have 20 carbs per day doesn't mean you have to use them all :'(  Doug tries to take in 20 carbs per day to "maintain" his weight, try going on 5-10 carbs for a week or like Doug says step up your activity level...and stay connected with the forum>>we are all working towards the same goal "health" remember...this is not a diet,it's a lifestyle change ;) keep on keepin on!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:44:34 AM »
doug a ? for you....does it matter when you eat your carbs? i mean i have always heard its not good to eat before going to bed,does it make a difference if you eat your carbs early in the day or later? I wonder how many of us are counting carbs,getting to the end of the day,and saying wow i've got 10 carbs to kill here,and spending every last one of them right before bedtime!! would that make a difference?
                    thanks,gary>>> as always...looking for votes ;)
                     just click on the link & have at it!
http://tuition-tales.com/video-contest-entry-profile.asp?vid=3884435C5C49430B830143081D338447

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »
iF i HAVE ALOT OF CARBS LEFT over at the end of the day, I just eat a snack, enough so that Im not hungry and dont worry about the rest.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »
I think it's always a bad idea to eat carbs when your planning on a sedentary moment and sleeping certainly is sedentary!  I usually get my berry and peanut butter carbs around 8 in the morning with 2 GG Bran Crispbreads and coffee, lunch or snacks are always 0 carb for me, see "snack trays" in the book. Then around 6pm I'll take in a few carbs at dinner from veggies and of course one of Umpa's sweets.

I'll then enjoy a mug of coffee with TV and puppy time before switching to ice water and sugar free gum.  I don't personally eat past 6:30 pm

My rule never changes, don't eat for the sake of eating only when you are truly hungry, only eat enough to satisfy the actual need using the 15 minute rule to gauge, stay 20 carbs or under per day.... pretty simple stuff :)

So to answer your question directly, this is what works for me.

kimmieG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »
Lots of good advice - thanks everyone........  I'm thinking it may be I am eating too much- my portions are still pretty large.  The splenda is just 3 small packets for a huge family size bowl of coleslaw which I only eat a single portion occasionally to change up from salads & the peanuts are in control, so to me its something else.  I have also done the urine ketone strips & regardless I just can move past that slight to moderate level. 

Again, thanks for the suggestions .
KimmieG

kimmieG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »
Doug, I forgot to ask - does birth control pills or anti-depressants play a factor ?
KimmieG

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 08:52:42 AM »
I'm not sure about the birth control or the anti depressant side effects as they relate to weight loss. You should do a little google research on your particular brands and report back to the forum.The good news is if the keytone strips are showing a reading of any kind you're burning fat for fuel. Stay on course and be a bit more patient. My Dad can eat anything and not gain an ounce....I walk past the bread isle and gain a pound! All of our bodies differ. You simply have a very high sensitivity to sugar...all the more reason to avoid it like the plague!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
Paxil is by far the worst anti-depressant for weight gain BUT I take anti depressants and I have a thyroid problem and I have still lost 25lbs. It can be done just dont lose hope! You can do it.