Author Topic: I'm a Newbie  (Read 11883 times)

Diva40

I'm a Newbie
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »
Hello,

I am starting this new lifestyle change and would love everyones support. Although I have so many different issues going on in my life I have decided to master my weight. I am currently 279 pounds and I hate life because I can't enjoy it. Everything about being overweight effects your life. Since at this weight I am in constant joint pain and suffering with Fibromyalgia I would really love any advise the good and the bad. My emphasis at this moment would be what to expect as I go through this change. I would also love to hear from others regarding their weight loss and the time it took them to lose weight as well.

Thanks,
Diva40

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:22:30 PM »
Hi & welcome!  Congrats to you on starting FTS!  You will really enjoy this forum.  The people here are GREAT!!  ;D  If you are addicted to sugar like I was, you will go through detox at the start, but it all gets easier after that!   Just hang in there!  You will be dropping weight before you know it!   Be sure to check out the awesome recipes here too!  You will be amazed!   :D

Rena

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »
Welcome to the board. Like Maddysmom said, there are a lot of great recipes here, which makes it easier. I've been following FTS for 8 months and have lost 63 pounds. Good luck to you!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
Welcome to the family, Diva40! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Some of the most supportive and helpful people on the planet frequent this forum... So in the right place! ;)

I've been living this lifestyle since August 6, 2010.
And, although I lose weight much slower than some, the wonderful food I eat makes it easy for me to stick with it!

In terms of what to expect; first of all... Be prepared for "sugar detox".
You may one of the lucky ones who misses out on the discomfort. But more likely you won't.
There can be headaches, dizziness, gastric problems of various kinds, phantom aches and pains, etc..

But once you get past the detox, you will feel much better than you have in quite a few years.
It's very much worth the temporary discomfort of detox.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your journey to a new you living the FTS lifestyle.

If you every have any questions, concerns, comments, etc., please don't hesitate to chime in.
We're all right here for you!!! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family.  Detox is different for everyone, even though I loved sweets (cookies) I didn't have too much trouble.  Today was the first time in 3 months that I had a cookie (Beanit Butter).  I can't believe I have completely stayed away from those kinds of things.  Once you make your mind up to do something anything is possible.  The advice I would give you as a newbie is drink plenty of water and don't be afraid to ask questions.  Good luck.  ;)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 02:56:33 AM »
Welcome and congrats on your new weight loss journey to a healthier lifestyle.  I concur with the other members about the detox.  I was severely addicted to sugar/carbs so it was tougher for me to break free as I went cold turkey.  For about two weeks I felt awful but after I was over the withdrawal I felt wonderful and really enjoyed and embraced the new foods and recipes.  If you stick with it you will make it...just wait to see all the inches you loose in addition to the weight.

Go here for success stories and pictures. http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=8.0
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:58:47 AM by izzet »
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »
Welcome to the party Diva40, as you can see the family will wrap their arms around you and help you more than you would have ever expected. As your weight drops off you'll have your opportunity to do the same for the other new folks coming on board. The best advice I can give you is not to "overthink" the program, it's a simple and easy program to follow and it works. Visit the forum often and be vocal, soon you'll be loving life again as a thinner person and the rest of the problems in your world will diminish.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
Welcome Diva40! i am umpa,dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa,where I can help you convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Within two weeks you will feel 10 years younger!We are all here for you!! :)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
Hi & Welcome Diva40! You will love this forum and lifestyle!

Diva40

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
I hope I am using this correctly. Thank you all for the information and support. I am going to take some time out to build my profile and work on the tickler this weekend. I am going grocery shopping and still researching all the foods and items to purchase so I will be more likely to say on track. I do have a question. I noticed in the book that the recommend sweetener is Stevia and not Splenda. Can someone rec commed which one I should get? The one I bought tasted horrible and I did not like it all.

Thanks,
Diva :-\

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
Hi Diva40! :)

Splenda has net carbs (i.e. carbs we count).
It's OK to use. But be very careful with it... Don't use much or use it too often.

Stevia is by far my favorite! :) :) :)
It has 0 carbs and no funny aftertaste.

By the way, which sweetener did you buy?

Diva40

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
Hey Mouseissue,

I apologize for the delay in the response. I used Green Leaf and it tasted horrible and took a whole lot of packets just to sweeten my coffee. Do you have any recommendations of a product I might find more successful.

Thanks,
Diva 40

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
Hey Mouseissue,

I apologize for the delay in the response. I used Green Leaf and it tasted horrible and took a whole lot of packets just to sweeten my coffee. Do you have any recommendations of a product I might find more successful.

Thanks,
Diva 40

Hi Diva40! :)

Look for Truvia at your grocers.
It's Stevia with another sugar alcohol (polyol) called Erythritol which is used to add bulk to the tabletop powder form of Truvia.

See http://www.truvia.com/about/qa/

Rena

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
I like Truvia and it seems like every store carries it now. I hope restaurants start putting it out, too, instead of just the regular 'blue, yellow, and pink' stuff. ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 08:26:03 AM »
I've been using "Stevia in the Raw" and I really like it. It has a natural lemon zing to it that seems to add a nice flavor to everything, especially cheesecake.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/