Author Topic: is this normal  (Read 12034 times)

alex412

• View Profile
    • Email
is this normal
« on: July 09, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
ok i am new to this.  i was wondering if this is normal. i started june 26 at 307.8 and now july 9 i am 301.1  i was losing 3/4 to 1 pound every 1-2 days and for the last 4 days i have been floating around 300.5 to 301 i am still counting my carbs they are averaging  24 grams a day after i subtract fiber grams ..... should i expect a slow down so soon

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: is this normal
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Alex412 :) I am umpa,dougs wife if I can help you please ask.You are right on track.Try to get down to 20 instead of 24 and you will do fine.May i ask if you are male or female?
I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.
Congrats on your weight loss and congrats on taking care of your health. ;)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
why would you want to slow down??????? lose it anyway you can:) the faster the better......... 20 CARBS OR LESS IS THE RULE......not 24 or 25 or 26..........:0

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:17:02 PM »
Welcome to the family, alex412! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Since we know it's the carbs that made us FAT in the first place, eat as few as possible (no more than 20 per day) and see what happens.
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 07:52:34 AM »
Hi Alez412, welcome to the family! The gang is correct, drop that carb count a bit more and stay 20 or under and watch the fat melt off  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
Congrat's on your loss  :) Drop on down to 20 or below, you will feel amazing!

alex412

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:06:51 PM »
@ umpa  i am a Dude well i didnt understand  on the forum that my replies was a smaller link and not the bigger zero for my messages last week i was at 300.5 and irrational the scale was dropping  a pond a day anymore i let my self get too hungry and went back to taco bell and rudys subs didnt get on the scale for 4 days went back up to 308... holding water todays number was 305 and i started  counting carbs today i am having  cravings and i am salivating like crazy like i was when i made my first post  this is what i am doing  2-3 eggs w/ cheese in AM  lunch 2 cups cauliflower 2 burger pattys  yellow mustard + mayo dinner 6 oz chicken breast 2 cups cauliflower       

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
Hi Alex412 and welcome to the forum!  It's a great place to be!!  ;D   

I agree with Amber, you are going to feel GREAT & lose those cravings soon!  By the way, Amber, your ticker is looking NICE!!!!  Way to go!!!!!  15 pounds gone forever. 

joagain

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:23:10 AM »
Alex412 just stick to the under 20 carbs aday ,when we eat the junk again the cravings and hunger come back you have to detox and and the cravings will go away it.
 Sometimes it takes 2-3 weeks to detox so if you slip up before it its over you have to detox all over agian ,kinda like pedaling backwards ,& that is no fun .

;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 09:38:43 AM »
Jo is right Alex once you detox your cravings will go away.I asked if you were male/female because men tend to lose weight alot quicker.You can do this.Just stay under 20 carbs and the weight will pour off. ;)

alex412

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:25:24 AM »
Ok i'm down to 296 stalled for 4 days im back to school big goof up drink mix has maltodextran 80calories or  20 carbs so I
Was on 40 a day and didnt know

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 06:38:56 AM »
Hi Alex412,

Welcome to FTS!  You can see now how important it is to read those labels!!  Once you start checking out the information you will find out a lot of the things we would think are good for us are not.  Stick to water as much as possible.  You are already doing great so far.  Water will flush your system.  I also read somewhere that for every 25 pounds you want to loose that you should drink an additional 8 oz of water.  Don't think I could do that.  LOL.  I set up a routine using a 16 oz bottle of water.  I drink 4 of these between 8am and 2pm everyday.  As long as you are taking in too many carbs you will stall.  I have been stalled for over a week, was up 2 pds and am just now back to my posted weight today.  You will see ups and downs and stalls.  Don't get discouraged.  Once the "sugar" is really gone the starving slows down.  After re-reading Doug's book and checking out the forum I have realized I have to cut back on beef.  I do better on chicken, fish and pork.  This week beef is on the back burner  ???
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

alex412

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 08:00:52 AM »
yeah the drink mix was 20 carbs a gallon i was drinking the whole thing every day i=diet ice tea was 16 carbs a gallon now that i am in school i have access to soda  how many carbs are in 20oz diet coke or diet dr pepper it  says zero but i think thats a lie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
Diet soda's are a zero....BUT if your weight loss stalls make them the first to go and replace them with water. ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »
Diet soda's are a zero....BUT if your [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] stalls make them the first to go and replace them with water. ;)

That's what I always thought, but they can be tricky with those stupid things. I don't drink a lot of soda, so I really enjoy them when I do. However, the other day I bought a bottle of Diet Mt. Dew. Well, you know how those bigger bottles have 2.5 servings? It said 0 carbs per serving and 0 calories. Then I was looking at the bottle and else where it said "10 calories per bottle". It made no sense to me, so I tried to forget about it. :D :D