Author Topic: In it to WIN it!!  (Read 7901 times)

deannahb

• In it to WIN it!!
    • View Profile
In it to WIN it!!
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
Hi everyone!  I am new to these forums.  I've had the FTS book for almost 2 (!) years now and am finally ready to get serious about losing these last 25 pounds!!  I wholeheartedly believe in this way of eating...but it's sometimes easier said than done  :'(  I am recommitting myself to FTS right now and I think this time it will last and become a way of life because I plan on keeping track of my net carbs (on an actual website food diary, not in my head!) and will plan out my meals using the recipes from Doug's book and this forum.  Sometimes the hardest part is to get mentally geared up for a lifestyle change, but reading your success stories in this forum is very exciting  :D  I look forward to "meeting" you guys!! 

shawn116

Re: In it to WIN it!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
Hi deannahb

Welcome to the FTS family!!  It does make it easier to keep track and stay under 20 carbs if you write everything down.  I like to keep a journal but there are several web sites that make it easy.  I think the best part about keeping track is that if I notice a gain I can look back and see what might be causing the problem.  Not to mention if I don't write it down I tend to forget somethings...LOL  ::)  After a while this lifestyle really becomes second nature.  Good luck with your journey and please don't be a stranger I look forward to seeing your posts  :) :)

joagain

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:40:05 AM »
welcome deannahb
lets get serious I just started doing a little exercise so we can get started together  you get started again on FTS and me with my execise !!!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:23:13 AM »
welcome deannahb
lets get serious I just started doing a little exercise so we can get started together  you get started again on FTS and me with my execise !!!

First of all, welcome Deannahb!!  25 pounds to lose, you go!  Once you really commit and get rid of all those high carb foods you will be shocked at how those 25 pounds will come off  :D

Ahhhhhh now Jo, you make me feel guilty!  I have been trying to commit to exercise and I have been putting it off.   Pooh.  Any suggestions on getting motivated LOL.  What kind do of exercise are you starting with?
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 07:49:05 AM »
Welcome DeannA I am umpa dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa wheree I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.if I can help you please ask.

joagain

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
I am trying to make this weight move !!! We got tyler a total gym it is the first one that came out we found it at Acadamy for  $ 179 ,could never afford the one they advertise but it is basically the same thing .  
 I have been on it everyday since we got it ,have not seen any results yet .  >:(  
I am just doing 1 rep of the 18 core moves right now I can tell that they are getting much easier then they were 2 weeks ago . Hopefully I will see something happen soon . :o :o

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Hi Deanna and welcome to the forum!  You will find lots of great people and support here.  I seriously could not do this without all the folks here.  They inspire me everyday!   Jump on in here with us!   ;D  You can do this!!

Jo, congrats on the exercise!! I've found the walking to be addictive!  I look forward to it every morning!  :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »
Oh my goodness Marty, Georgie Girl is just too cute.  She motivates me to want to give her a big hug  ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
Welcome to the family, deannahb!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lifestyle change is something that goes against human nature. We naturally resist it.
But after you've been living FTS for a while, it gets easier and easier.
Before you know it, it becomes "second nature" to you and almost no effort at all. ;)

You're on the last 25 pound "home stretch" to your goal... You CAN do it!!!
We're all here rooting for you!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »
Wow Marty!... That puppy is just too cute. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
I am trying to make this weight move !!! We got tyler a total gym it is the first one that came out we found it at Acadamy for  $ 179 ,could never afford the one they advertise but it is basically the same thing .  
 I have been on it everyday since we got it ,have not seen any results yet .  >:(  
I am just doing 1 rep of the 18 core moves right now I can tell that they are getting much easier then they were 2 weeks ago . Hopefully I will see something happen soon . :o :o

Hi Jo! :)

I know it must be frustrating not seeing the scale move for such a long time.
But if you're sticking to the FTS rules, eventually it WILL move.

On the upside, you've become and are getting healthier everyday. Especially since you've added exercise.
As you know, you're undoing years of damage that carbs have caused your body.

One fine morning, you'll climb on that scale and start seeing pounds melting away.
I have faith in your ability to keep on keeping on... Just keep the faith! :)

Tony

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
Oh my goodness what a CUTE puppy!!!!  I want it!!!!   I love critters.   ;D

joagain

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
Thanks Tony well one thing for sure I aint no quitter , not yet anyway ! LOL
  I would not be telling the truth if I say I have not thought about just saying @###$$@#  But  I keep going back to how I feel even if I am not losing I just feel so much better then I did a year ago . If I would just stay off the stupid scale and let my body heal in its on time then I would be better off .  
 I got OCD with the d@#@ scale  !!

joagain

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
Yes marty I drink about 60-80 ozs a day . I think that I need to eat less then 1000 calories a day because of all the yo yo dieting I have done .My metabolism is just screwed up . Maybe it will start moving soon I have gianed & lost the same 10 pounds since March really . I lost my 40 pretty guick then the back & forth or nothing started .

joagain

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
I feel the same ! ;D But it is what it is