Author Topic: I know this is probably answered somewhere...  (Read 3999 times)

NewMe11

• View Profile
I know this is probably answered somewhere...
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:11:49 PM »
but I'm impatient and don't want to dig through everything, so hoping I can get a quick answer from you guys. :) I am a coffee addict, I need my coffee in the morning, without it I am not a lovable person. LOL!!! I don't use any cream in my coffee, but I do use splenda... I know each splenda is 1 carb, so I was just wondering if there is a better option? I can do the splenda but I would hate to end up using 5 carbs (depending on the day I'm having!) just on coffee...

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I know this is probably answered somewhere...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »
If you just like the taste of splenda, they do make a splenda with fiber now. Someone else has mentioned this Splenda, but I don't remember reading the reviews on it.  According to the nutrition label, the net carb count would be zero, but I know sometimes they can be misleading.  Maybe someone else will chime in on this.   

Rena

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »
I recently bought Splenda with fiber, but it's tricky -- if you buy the packets, it's about 1 carb per packet. If you buy the loose stuff, they list it as 0 carbs. So, that's what I've been using lately. Not sure about that labeling, but the loose stuff is granulated, so maybe that's it.

Other people use Stevia or liquid coffee syrups like Torani or DaVinci.

Truvia is another good one. I use that as well.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
Hi NewMe11  Welcome to the forum and the FTS family :)   

I like the Torani or DaVinci syrups for my coffee.  I have 1 whole cabnet for all the flavors that I have collected....LOL  I think I could run my own coffee house  ;)  I did however just recently order EZ-Sweetz from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Sweetz-2oz-Liquid-Sweetener-Servings/dp/B002MO765O and I like it really well.  It's easy to carry with you and only takes a few drops.  Kinda nice for cooking to..... so far I haven't run into to many issues with recipes.  If you like the taste of splenda that is what this is, in liquid form.  It is 0 carbs because it just doesn't have the additives in it to make it granular.  If you do order make sure you get the 2 oz bottle and not the .5 oz.  It isn't as consentrated......it's hard to measure out 1/2 a drop...LOL 

Hey Umpa.....TooSweets Bakery Goods and Coffee House....LOL  ;)

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
I use xylitol or sugar free syrups.Just found some small bottles of the sugar fee syrups at the Dollar Tree!

joagain

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 05:43:47 AM »
I dont know where you are but Publix has a liquid sweetner that I use . 0 carbs

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »
Love it TooSweet!! ;D I use stevia,but I just got a sample from a company for a liquid sweetener we are trying today.Its called Sweetzfree.I will do a review  and post it.I want to try it for baking.Its wicked sweet ;)

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »
Me to umpa.  I think it will do great in recipes where bulk isn't a issue.  You are right it is wicked sweet.  You have to be careful which size you order...LOL  If you like sweet tea you will love this stuff.  Just a few drops and no after taste.  At least not for me.  I know everyones taste buds are different  ;D  I'll be looking for your review  ;)

Oh one thing I did notice when cooking with it.  It behaves a lot like the splenda you can buy in the stores and losses a bit of sweetness when heated. :-\
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:18:32 PM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »
I am gonna try it in frosting next ;)