Author Topic: First week no weight- loss  (Read 4532 times)

ajfiorillo

• View Profile
    • Email
First week no weight- loss
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »
Hey everyone,

I started the low carb lifestyle about a week ago and since then have had no weight-loss. However I do have an increase in energy, which is great. My menu is usually the same everyday soo here is what I have been eating:
7am - OMM with a cup of coffee and splash of half and half
10am- 3 hardboiled eggs and two/three turkey sausage links
12-12:30 - baby spinach with grilled chicken, avocado, cheddar, bacon, Caesar dressing
Snacks: 25 almonds, cheddar cheese
6pm: grilled chicken with spinach.
Maybe I make another OMM for dessert.

Drinking plenty of water all day long

Now I am pretty strict about staying under the 20grams of net carbs and I have. Just not sure what's going on with my body.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:02:08 AM by Doug Varrieur »

shawn116

Re: First week no weight-loss
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:28:26 AM »
 Hi ajfiorillo

You know on the outside everything looks good with what you are eating.  If you truly believe you are staying under 20 net carbs then maybe you might need to look closer to portion sizes?  I'm thinking you must be taking in more than you realize.  How much of everything are you eating that you have listed?  What are you making your OMM out of?  Other than that I would suggest that you go back to the test that Doug outlines in the book to find out what your body's eating time clock truly is.  Most days I don't even get hungry until about 10 or 11.  Not that it is the same for everyone.  I say that because it seems that you are pretty regimented at the times that you are eating.  Is this menu pretty much what you eat every day?  Are you truly only eating when you are hungry or just out of habit.    
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:02:51 AM by Doug Varrieur »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:53 AM »
TooSweet is correct  ;) Just continue the good work and detox,all will be well  :) Also take your measurements.Normally when you are not losing pounds you are losing inches.Do you drink alcohol?  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:03:18 AM by Doug Varrieur »

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
sometimes you have to leave those OMM off to see if it is those  . Or you measuring your dressing ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:03:47 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: First week no weight- loss
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Hi AJ, let's find your tolerance level to carbs, drop the almonds and the OMM. Get yourself down to as close to zero carb as you can for three or four days in a row. When the scale starts to drop we can add a little in at a time till the scale stops moving, then we start cutting again.

NEXT- Are you eating without being hungry? You stated, 10am- 3 hard boiled eggs and two/three turkey sausage links
12-12:30 - baby spinach with grilled chicken, avocado, cheddar, bacon, Caesar dressing

Were you actually hungry at noon? If I had eaten 3 hard boiled eggs and two/three turkey sausage links at 10 I personally would'nt be hungry again till around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. It's important fr you to only eat when you are truly hungry. Please review these rules- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1072.0

Welcome to the family!  8)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
Everyone here has great suggestions. As for me, if I eat too much OMM (like one muffin and maybe another later as a cake) then I won't lose. I might even gain. I'd limit yourself to just one, or maybe even eat it every other day.

Good luck! :)

ajfiorillo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions..will give it all a shot..

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »
We just have to find what  works for you.Keep posting your meal plans and we will help you.Usually its something simple like splenda that messes people up ;)

ajfiorillo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
i actually lost 3lbs today. So i am happy that what i am doing seems to be working it just may have taken my body a little while to get used to eating this way.  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
If we can help please ask,thats what we are here for ;)