Author Topic: I lost it !!!  (Read 8264 times)

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
I lost it !!!
« on: February 23, 2012, 04:53:12 AM »
I've had a really hard time with work, kids and family. I stopped caring about me. And when you do that you stop caring about lots of things. I have picked up my FTS book again and have felt like its time for me!!! I'm sorry if I sound selfish but if I'm happy in myself then surely everything else must come right. My spark is returning and also my confidence. I don't want to be in that dark hole any more. I want to be with you guys again who inspire me, and fill me with strength to fight That Dragon and to be the best I can be.
      The Curtain Girl

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: I lost it !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »
We understand Curtain Girl...believe me! Sugar, like alcohol and drugs is VERY addictive and it's easy to fall off the wagon for any number of reasons. In the future as the stresses of life bear down on you take it out in the kitchen. Umpa always knows when I've got lots on my mind because I become a cleaning machine.....my area of choice, the kitchen. I'll get in there tear everything apart and redo it all. Then I'll cook an amazing creation. All of this takes my mind completely off what ever it is that's weighing me down.

We all love you and have your back but you need to lead with your own personal commitment and strength. Check your email, I've sent you something.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »
Welcome back Curtain Girl!!  I have missed seeing you on here  ;)  I don't think that is selfish at all....  With me I try to make everyone around me happy and don't ever worry about myself.  I really believe it's kinda a flawed way of thinking...LOL  I figure that if everyone else is happy then I can be happy....not!   I really never works that way.  Truly if you work on yourself, it all falls into place.  We are here for you  ;) ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »
HiYa Curtaingirl!! we missed you!  ;D Glad you are back.I am a firm believer as a mom that if you don't take care of you,you can't take care of your family.You become overwhelmed and resentful.just my experience ;) You are not selfish,just wise.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
Welcome back, Curtain Girl.  My kids are all grown now but I certainly remember the days when everyone else's needs took up all my time.  Controlling what you put in your mouth is the best thing you can do for yourself.  Your success will give you the energy to take on the next challenge. 

Atta girl for taking the right steps. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
Welcome home, Curtain Girl!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

When we love others, we put their welfare above our own.
That's just how real love works. All good parents know this very well.

It's very easy to forget about ourselves and our needs.
But what we also forget is that in order to bring the gifts of love to those we love, we must be healthy enough to do so.

It IS time for YOU!!!
So, kudos to you for realizing this and coming home!
What you're doing will help insure that you can continue to provide loving actions to your loved ones.

Like Doug says, we got your back and are here for you when you need us!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
Its great to have all your support guys. Thanks Doug with all my heart for your email. It has made my day that you have all remembered me. I used to come on the forum to talk and to read the posts. I feel that have found my other family again. Thanks guys for all the love. I may be starting the jornery again but this time the Dragon will be SLAYED. Lots of love   The Curtain Girl  PS. 2 of my sisters are doing FTS one has lost 11KG and the other 9kgs.

Rena

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »
Welcome back!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »
Oh, no!  The metric system.  I'm having flashbacks to high school chemistry class and that was a very long time ago.

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »
Sorry about that, 11kg = 24 lbs   and 9kg = 20lbs  approx. Both my sisters are loving it and finding it fast and easy.  Just like the book says.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »
Wow!  The numbers are much bigger when they are converted in our direction.  Sisterly competition is a fun thing.  What does sister #4 have to say about all this weight loss?

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:41 PM »
Welcome back Curtain girl!  There's no place like home!   ;D  As your FTS family, we understand what it's like!  We're all fighting this battle together.   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:59 PM »
Gotta get you caught up with them curtaingirl! Competition is good for the soul! :D

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »
The Four of us girls are getting together next week. Need to let number 4 in on the secret. I wonder Doug if all 4 of us follow the lifestyle change then if we might be the first set of Quads to do it? Wow that will be some pretty cool before and after shots. Love you guys heaps, just chatting lifts me up and gets me motivated. On the stove at the moment I have my cauli steaming, some beetroots for bottling and some home grown veges (Tomato and zucchini) roasting to make a soup for the winter. Also my 6yr old and I have done a 7km bike ride this am. She was on the trailer bike but she prefers to sing rather pedal.  Love from the Curtain Girl

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
I would LOVE to see all four of you girls challenge each other and get on the band wagon.  Get back to me with your sisters interest and I'll make it interesting for you :)    ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)