Author Topic: UBER Frustrated!!  (Read 3814 times)

chicken36

• View Profile
    • Email
UBER Frustrated!!
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
Okay, Read the book, bought the food, lost 8 lbs!  Yeah!!!  then nothing for a week, then nothing for 2 weeks. I've been exercising EVERY DANG DAY!  I have a very physical job and am on my feet moving all day. I work in the medical field and know a thing or two about exercise. What the heck am I doing wrong??????  I need to lose this weight and am ready to give up, turn tail and run to another diet program.  Someone HELP ME!!  >:(

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: UBER Frustrated!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
Hi Chicken36! Don't give up! You're at the right place to get the help you want. First, post exactly what you're eating in the Meal Plans section. People will look at it and tell you if anything is wrong there. Cut out all sweets/sweeteners for a while and see if that helps. Drink like 100 oz of water every day. Take your measurements - sometimes you lose inches while the scale stays the same. I think the fat cells get rid of fat but suck up water and so your weight stays the same until the fat cells decide to give it up.

Lots of us are slooooow losers. But I noticed that my body is doing all kinds of things trying to catch up to the weight loss that has already happened while it puts future weight loss on hold. Be patient and see what happens!

And welcome to the FTS family!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:23:07 AM »
STOP........EVALUATE.............. it's simple, you're taking in to many carbs....period, end of story. What happened to you is your daily carb intake dropped below your daily fuel needs for the first segment of your weight loss forcing your body to "eat" the 8 pounds for fuel. THEN... your body needs and your carb intake equaled each other...no loss, no gain. You must drop the carbs further...where are they coming from?

It sounds like you're really busy and you may not have time to list all your taking in on the forum. If you can that would be great. That way we can look at your intake and find the hidden carbs you're eating. Take a minute and tell us what you ate and drank yesterday including condiments and alcohol.

Your comment " run to another diet program.  Someone HELP ME!!"  tells me that you haven't yet grasped the thought process of a life style change VS a diet. Diets don't work, they are temporary, you go on them and lose weight then go off them and gain weight. Remember we are not a diet.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum, chicken36.  I'm glad you brought your frustrations to us BEFORE quitting.  We'll all take a collective deep breath with you and do our best to talk you off the ledge.

Almost all diets will get you a quick weight loss in the first week or two as your body adjusts to proper hydration and a different flow of nutrients.  In some people that is quickly followed by a slower but steady weight loss.  In others, may of whom are on this forum and have successfully embraces the FTS lifestyle, will experience slow weight loss but drastically improved health, smaller bodies inspite of now movement of the scale and an overall feeling of well-being and of being on "the right track."  

Your body's pattern will be unique to you and your circumstances.  For example, your exercise could very well result in a delay in weight loss because fat is being replaced by heavier, skinnier muscle.  That will even out over time and you'll lose weight and be healthier for having exercised along the way.

Mostly, be patient with yourself.  You didn't gain the weight in a month, it isn't going to come off in a month but it will come off.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »
Welcome chicken36! I am Umpa,Dougs wife :) If I can ever help you please ask. Slow the train down.You do not need to exercise everyday to lose weight.Take your measurements and a deep breath. Women lose inches  when they are not losing pounds.Stay off the scale it is evil and never accurate .Our bodies have daily weight fluctuation.Once you detox your energy level will go through the roof and your clothes will be loose.8 pounds is great and we can help you with the rest.If you are a quitter you can't be a loser ;) You can post your meal plans (everything that crosses your lips) and we will help you.Usually what messes people up is dressings,splenda, candy(sugar alcohols). ;) You will know when you are losing weight,loose clothes tell the tale :) I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
Welcome to the family, chicken36!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

As other family members have suggested, take a deep breath and evaluate what you've eaten each day since you started.

Post your daily meal plans here so that we can look to see if anything's awry;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

Did you take your measurements when you started FTS?
It's very likely that you've lost some size even though the scale doesn't show it.
Measure yourself regularly to get a better picture of how you're doing.

It's possible that your "plateau" may be partly due to your body replacing FAT in the fat cells with water like Sarah indicated.
Water is heaver than FAT and will skew your scale's reading.
Drinking lots of PLAIN water will help your body flush water it may be retaining.
Not drinking enough can cause mild dehydration which will slow (or halt) weight loss.

Like Doug said, FTS is a lifestyle.
We live this day in and day out to reach our goals.
And after we're there, we add some carbs back but continue on with the lifestyle to get FAT again.

So hang in there!... We're all here to help you get on track and reach your goal. :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!