Author Topic: I am very discouraged  (Read 9206 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: I am very discouraged
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
Hi, Marian! :)

I hope my story encourages you...

My doctor once had similar opinions about low carb living until he saw what FTS did for me.

When I started, I was type II diabetic with high blood pressure, high triglycerides, and lousy cholesterol numbers.
My doc thought that unless something radical happened soon, I would not be around in a few years.
I was scared and thought if FTS does not work, I'd better get my will in order!
So I got SERIOUS with FTS knowing my life was in the balance!

Here's what happened to my numbers after about six months of living the FTS lifestyle
March 8, 2011;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19816#msg19816
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19984#msg19984

At my September 2011 check up, my doctor took me off ALL medications!!!
At that visit, my doctor told me he actively promotes low carb living to his patients that are battling obesity,
diabetes, etc. and suggests FTS.
Since then, he told me that he's seen similar results in other patients! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 09:23:42 PM »
Oh I know Umpa and Doug. I stopped seeing him quickly. I have a good doc now. A lot of people including many doctors think that meat causes heart disease. I can't listen to that. When you say post my numbers are you talking about carb numbers or my blood sugar and weight numbers? Oh and in that posting dissasenmble was supposed to say diabetes! Some typo!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 02:10:48 AM »
Maidmarian...I don't know if I mentioned it somewhere else, but I was a vegan for almost 3 years, in pregnancy I went back to vegetarianism in pregnancy due to cheese cravings :) but when I did FTS, I was a vegan, a STRICT vegan. I am proud to tell you, even though I quit the lifestyle and am starting over again, my heart is great. I have terrific blood pressure (unless I'm swollen), cholesterol is awesome, I've had almost every heart test ran on me because of issues I had during pregnancy, and it turned out to be lung problems but my heart is perfect :) granted I wasn't eating meat and still don't, I've been a vegetarian for 16 years...but I believe this eating lifestyle is safe. I'm not a doctor, I'm a licensed master social worker, but I've worked in healthcare for years...if you have concerns about the diet because of meat, you can always do it as a vegetarian :) or just sub some of your meat for soy meats! You'll probably find them very tasty and satisfying and comparable to real meat. I'm sure there are people out there who have given low-carb a bad name by overeating meat and using too much fat...but anything that is abused, even veggies can have a negative affect (ever seen an "orange" person due to too much carotene?) I think you will be great...it's certainly the best thing for someone with diabetics from what I've observed from working in healthcare and like I said, you don't have to go meat crazy persay...there are lots of other options that still work with FTS :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 03:21:46 PM »
Hi, Marian! :)

The numbers they were talking about are the blood workup numbers like I posted in these links.
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19816#msg19816
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19984#msg19984

If those numbers improve (especially glucose), you will lose weight! :) :) :)

Besides, it's a good idea to know where you are when you start.
That way as your numbers improve, you'll feel the confidence that you need to succeed! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: I am very discouraged
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
Maidmarian,  we are here for you so don't give up please.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 10:23:31 AM »
Yes Marion Blood sugar numbers. You should also have a blood panel done like Tony suggested that way you can chart your progress ;)