Author Topic: I Need Lots of Help and Support Please  (Read 5938 times)

Kayleen

• View Profile
    • Email
I Need Lots of Help and Support Please
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »
I really need to lose weight.  I had double knee replacement surgery almost 2 years ago and am in constant pain.  I am in fear of losing my job because I can't walk well and walking is important to my job.

shawn116

Re: I Need Lots of Help and Support Please
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:55:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum Kayleen  :)  I'm so sorry for your pain.  Having been disabled by psoriatic arthritis I understand what dealing with constant pain is like  :-\  It can sure be debilitating.  You've made the first step to changing your life by coming here.  You will find tons of support by so many great folks  ;)   Have you read Doug's book as of yet?  If not I would suggest you do so, and come in the forum often.  We love to chat around here.....best of all you will find tons of advice, recipes, ideas and a few giggles along the way  ;D ;D Ask any question you may have and I'm sure someone will have an answer.....except the meaning of life...that one might be a bit tough  ;)

I look forward to getting to know you better  :)

Kayleen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
Thank you!!  I had arthritis and no cartiledge in my knees which is why I had the surgery.  It was supposed to help but I'm in more pain now than I was before I had the surgery.  Yes, I have read the book, I have it on my Nook.  In fact, I have tried the diet before but stress made me stray away.  I am a stress eater and I crave sweets.  I am under a great deal of stress because of my job right now.  But I am hopeful that I will be able to make it this time.  I plan to visit the forum a lot more this time; I find a great deal of comfort coming here and reading the stories, especially the great success stories.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:06:04 PM »
We are all here for you.  I'm so glad you found your way back  :)  If you get yourself through the sugar detox, that raging sweet tooth will be easier to handle.  Trust me...I'm the queen of sweet.  That is why I spend lot of my time finding replacements for all of my favorite sweet treats.  I am also Type II diabetic so my body doesn't handle the sugar very well.  Ok...not at all  Haha  I can't imagine going through life without any sweets!!!  :o :o  The forum is a great tool to keep you motivated....please do come in often  :)   You can do this....I know you can  ;) ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 05:14:52 AM »
Hello Kayleen, welcome to the family.  I think most of the people on this forum are addicted to sweets one way or another.  The good thing with the fts lifestyle is that we have substitutes for almost everything.  The recipes are fantastic and if you have a question about anything, someone here will have an answer.  Don't feel isolated, join in.  Checking in on the forum is what keeps most of us on track.  The support you will find here is overwhelming.
Hope to hear from you often  :)

TooSweet - It's just registered with me that you are a Type II diabetic - does the fts lifestyle keep you in check so you don't need drugs?  If it does, does that mean you are no longer Type II? or you always will be, but fts keeps it in check.  I think I'm confusing myself - but do you get my drift?

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »
TooSweet - It's just registered with me that you are a Type II diabetic - does the fts lifestyle keep you in check so you don't need drugs?  If it does, does that mean you are no longer Type II? or you always will be, but fts keeps it in check.  I think I'm confusing myself - but do you get my drift?

Yes it does Morgan.  It wasn't until I found FTS that I was able to control my blood sugar and to mine and my doctors surprise was able to come off of my medicine completely.  The blood pressure and cholesterol meds soon followed  ;D ;D  Unfortunately I still have to watch closely because even though with this lifestyle I can reverse it, if I stray to my old ways my blood sugar will rise again.  I don't know if your body ever can really recover from that damage.   ( You know kinda like resetting) :-\  It sure would be nice if it would.  However I don't worry too much with it....with FTS I can control it with no meds and completely avoid the damage this horrible disease causes.  I'm so used to following the FTS lifestyle, I don't hardly ever think about it any more. Where before it was a every hour, minute and meal worry worry worry.  Not to mention the roller coaster I was on with the blood sugar rising and falling  :P :P :P  I'm so glad I don't feel that sick feeling any more.  I haven't felt that since day two of FTS   ;D ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 08:32:43 AM »
Welcome back Kayleen, here's some motivation for you...Did you know that for every pound you lose you take 4 pounds of pressure off your knees  :o 30 pounds of FAT removed will relieve your knees of 120 pounds of pressure!.........WOW what a wake up call. Being successful on FTS is really very simple, just take it 1 meal at a time  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 08:44:43 AM »
Welcome Kayleen :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.Just take it one day at a time.You can do this and we will help you.I have a column on the homepage called Ask Umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly. ;)

Kayleen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 12:40:01 PM »
Doug - thank you, I did NOT realize that!!  My goodness, that is sure a big wake up call for me, as well as a huge motivation.  I plan to visit this forum every day!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 05:15:58 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Kayleen!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We'll help you all the way!... That's why we're here! ;D

Hi, Morgan! :)

I am a former type II diabetic.
When my doctor took me off Metformin (for blood sugar control), he told me that I'm no longer diabetic. ;D

However, he warned if I go back to my "old ways" and eat too many carbs, over time, I'll be diabetic again.
Since carbs got me in trouble once, I'm not going to purposely invite them back into my life!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!