Author Topic: Dressing for the holidays  (Read 8540 times)

joagain

Dressing for the holidays
« on: November 02, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
Make your cornbread. Then take out of the pan and mix with
 1/4 cup onions,
1/4 cup celery,
2 tsp poultry seasoning,
1 tsp sage,
and chicken stock to moisten about 1/2 cup,add as needed
i tasted to see if it had enough seasoning before putting in the oven .
Then bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
It was very good but I didnt have my cranberry sauce dressing is never good to me without cranberry sauce

The  dixie diner corn muffin mix.This is just like cornbread stuffing.Dixie Diner makes a stuffing mix but the corn muffin mix  is 100% better .Don't use it to stuff a bird though because it won't stand up.  By the way the cornbread by itself is awesome.
 Here is my cornbread recipe

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1302.0
 I use all almond flour now not the flax so it is 1 cup of Now AF
the whole corndbread recipe is just 5 carbs
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:59:20 AM by joagain »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Dressing for the holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
Sounds yummy, Jo! :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »
Jo that is great!!  Suz and I were experimenting with stuffing today.  We made it with the one minute muffin using golden flax meal, but I think the flax was way to strong for this.  It was ok but it really didn't taste like stuffing.  :(    This might just do the trick  ;) ;)  I just love the forum...LOL  ;) ;)

joagain

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
the dressing was per Umpa instrutions just using my cornbread so I cant take all the credit  ;) just a little

Love the forum too!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
 ;D ;D

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
Can't wait to make this for Thanksgiving!! I love dressing :)

joagain

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
Sorry about the messy plate , my husband was moving it as I was putting it on the plate . What is inportant though is the dressing is 3 carbs and pretty large serving size and cranberry sauce is 2 carbs .  I found a pretty easy recipe for the cranberry sauce and it jellied, it did not look as jellied as toosweet but fast & easy .

joagain

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
Oh I also added cut up chicken (1-2 breast )in my dressing & I also had to use more liquid .

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
This is great stuff!  I made it several months ago and it was yummy  ;)

joagain

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
dont have to wait for Thanksgiving  ;D can have it year round now and its not bad for ya

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 08:32:29 AM »
Good stuff!!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »
It was yummy on our Thanksgiving table  ;D ;D  Thanks again for the recipe Jo!!  Suz did a great job with it.  I was so full after dinner..... and didn't eat anything that I shouldn't.  I didn't feel deprived at all....  :D

joagain

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
Gald you liked it I was the only one that ate my dressing & my cranberry sauce . I didnt eat anything non FTS either and didnt miss anything !!

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
That is a shame that they didn't eat any of your stuff.  I find that if I don't tell people that it is FTS they eat it with out saying a word...LOL  People are funny  ::) My daughter in-law scooped some caulimash on her plate and I told her what it was.... she looked at me funny and so my son skipped over it...LOL  I should have just not said anything.   I bet he would have liked it.

I also forgot to bring the "real jellied cranberry" LOL so everyone had to eat mine.  Suz and I were sad that we had to share with everyone!  Hee hee  ;D
My daughter loves it now

I will be making the dressing again for sure  ;) ;)

joagain

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
Well toosweet like I have said before my if I had lost 75-100 pounds in this last year they may change their mind about this way of eating . But they dont think 40 pounds in a year is worth cutting out all "the good stuff " they say it seems like a lot of work to have to do the different cooking .I try and tell them that I just lose slow that other people are losing lots more then me and they probably would too .

But they have to want to do it . Of course I want to get to my goal weight but it is not even about losing anymore it is about my BS being low and all my other numbers ,no cravings ,not being tired , I have not had a headache in a year !!!

Maybe next Thanksgiving I will be closer to my goal and they may think differently seeing is believing for most folks ;)