Author Topic: Dixie Diner Hot Cereal  (Read 3522 times)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
Dixie Diner Hot Cereal
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »
I was so looking forward to the Dixie Diner Hot Cereal for a change up at breakfast. I ordered the Apple Cinnamon but was disappointed.  It smelled great but was gummy (could be texture thing for me).  :(

Rena

Re: Dixie Diner Hot Cereal
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
I was disappointed also. I couldn't even eat it, which says a lot because of how much I love hot cereal.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »
Thanks for letting us know girls! ;)   I am still hooked on the one minute muffin for breakfast.  ....still amazed at all the variations.  Love it.  ;)   

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
Hey gals,  just a suggestion.  I made the banana bread w/walnuts from the bakery book the other day.  It was absolutely delish, just crumbly.  My husband liked it with milk (he uses 2 percent), I would use almond or a TBL of HWC.  He said was great (he usually eats instant oatmeal when it starts getting cold).  TooSweet and I had another cooking day today and made the banana bread again, she said it reminded her of oatmeal cookies.  I'm not sure what I/we did that made it crumbly but then we made the banana walnut muffins in the baking book and the extra ingredients were SF maple syrup and heavy whipping cream.  They weren't crumbly.  But for a "hot cereal" try the banana bread crumbles in a bowl, microwave for a few seconds and put milk on it. 
Just a thought.
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Rena

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »
Thanks for the idea, Suz. I haven't had any cereal in awhile because I have to order it online, which can be a pain sometimes. Like Maddysmom, I eat the OMM a lot for breakfast. This morning I added some unsweetened cocoa to it and topped it with orange marmalade. :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 05:32:05 AM »
Rena, that sounds really good.  I've been so busy lately that I haven't taken time to make the OMM.  Maybe soon.  I really enjoyed the chocolate one you posted a while back, hmmmm, might fix one this am.  ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
Thanks for the tip Suz I will give it a try.  I love almond milk! :)