Author Topic: Russell Stover Snack Bar  (Read 4153 times)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
Russell Stover Snack Bar
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
Are these okay?  I have eaten them and they have a great taste.  The ingredients concern me a little (rolled oats?)

Russell Stover
Sugar Free Snack Bars, Chocolate Delight Granola
5 bars
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Bar (31g)
Servings Per Container: 5 

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 100     

Calories From Fat 50     

Total Fat  6  g 9%   

Saturated Fat  3.5  g 18%   

Trans Fat  0  g   

Cholesterol  0  mg 0%   

Sodium  85  mg 4%   

Total Carbohydrates  18  g 6%   

Dietary Fiber  6  g 25%   

Sugars  0  g   

Sugar Alcohols (Polyols)  9  g   

Show Net Carbs
 Net Carbs
Minus Fiber  12   g   
 Minus Fiber & Sugar Alc. 3   g   

Protein  4  g   

Vitamin A      0%   
 Vitamin C      0%   
 Calcium      2%   
 Iron      8%   

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Sweetened with Splenda� Brand. Not a low calorie food.

Ingredients: Chocolate candy (maltitol, chocolate, cocoa butter, sodium caseinate [milk], milk fat, soy lecithin/an emulsifier, sucralose, natural and artificial flavor, salt), polydextrose, cocoa soy protein crisp (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch, cocoa [processed with alkali], calcium carbonate), maltitol syrup, rolled oats, sorbitol, coconut oil, almonds, salt, sucralose, and natural flavor.

Recommended Use: Diabetics: This product may be useful in your diet on the advice of a physician.

Warning: ALLERGY INFORMATION: Products have been produced on shared equipment with peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and wheat. Excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect.

This product may contain traces of nuts. 

Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect. 

If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact Russell Stover at 1-800-477-8683
The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Russell Stover Snack Bar
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
Hi Amber! :)

The rolled oats are far enough down the ingredients list (at #5) where they should not be a concern.
A little was probably added to improve the texture of the bars.

Remember that we are all different.
Most of us would probably do fine eating one of these OCCASIONALLY.

But let your own experience dictate what's right for you.
After all, that's a big part of what this lifestyle is about... That is, how our bodies respond to different foods.
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »
We got tyler some when we were at the TN store and they made his sugar high so I  would stay away from them . I find that most of the stuff that makes Tylers sugar high makes my sugar high we have done alot of test . ;D But that is just our observation ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »
We got tyler some when we were at the TN store and they made his sugar high so I  would stay away from them . I find that most of the stuff that makes Tylers sugar high makes my sugar high we have done alot of test . ;D But that is just our observation ;)

Thanks Jo!... Your (and Tyler's) experiences really do help us! :) :) :)

So I will amend my previous comment about these bars and say;

"Remember that we are all different.
SOME of us would probably do fine eating one of these OCCASIONALLY. But MANY might not!"

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
Thats very true Jo.... they tend to raise my sugar to.  (The Malitol is not a good thing for me either...LOL)  I finally ended up just throwing a whole box away.  I can't eat one without being afraid to leave the house  :o :o I know TMI....LOL  Some of the atkins bars spike my blood sugar as well  :'( 

joagain

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
Any of those bars that have say more then 5 SA in them will send him soaring it will not stay high all day but it does spike it  .  When we try something new  we always do a test together sometimes & not often it will spike him & not me . But that is very rare .

But what Tony said everybody is different  ;) Some folks might can enjoy them , I actually think they are too sweet now ,imagine that .

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »
LOL  I know what you mean.... LOL  I can't believe I find things that are too sweet either coming from me that really means something  ;) ;) 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »
By removing sugar from our lives, our taste buds can taste "sweetness" much better than before.

I used to love diet Coke straight.
Now, I have to add a little water. Otherwise it's too sweet for me.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »
I like the snack bars and my husband likes to grab one for breakfast on the weekend if he is in a hurry (and knows that I am sleeping in  :) )  Funny you mention the Diet Coke Mouseissue, I didn't drink soft drinks when I started FTS but I crave them now.  I limit myself to no more than 1 a day and sometimes 0!