Author Topic: Pork Rind Cookies  (Read 12156 times)

sansucre

• View Profile
Re: Pork Rind Cookies
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
Hi Umpa!
I'm doing great.

I got a little off track due to the holidays but I'm back on strict low-carb. I will be experimenting a lot and if I come up with anything good I'll be sure to post it. I have 25 - 30 pounds to go and I want it off by summer.

Funny, I'm watching all these women at the gym who just started their resolutions and are on low-fat/high carb diets. I feel so sorry for them. They are obsessed with food and suffering needlessly. They don't want to hear "low-carb" and argue that it's unhealthy despite the fact that I've dropped 45 pounds and my bloodwork is great, so I figure I'll just have to wait it out and let them see me lose weight while they stay hungry and fat. That is really the only way to get the point across.

I invited a few of them to go to lunch next week. There is a restaurant out here that makes an awesome wild salmon and green bean entree. One woman said she loved their asparagus but that it was "fattening." I was thinking, what could they do to asparagus to make it fattening, batter and fry it?? She said they cook it in olive oil and butter. The other women nodded their heads in agreement.....     Sigh......

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »
Hi sansucre! :)

It's nice to hear from you again!

When you reach your goal and are in great health, those women won't dismiss what you have to say about FTS.

We'll help you reach your goal by Summer.
Just don't be such a stranger!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »
I have been there Sansucre! My mother in law said to me the other night"There is nothing wrong with rice,have you ever seen a fat asian?"I just came back from San Francisco a couple of months ago and the answer was YES!! but I didn't say anything ;) People do things in there own time and space :)