Author Topic: Crystal Light PURE Fitness  (Read 5071 times)

sansucre

• View Profile
Crystal Light PURE Fitness
« on: August 18, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
I love this stuff. One packet has 30 calories and 8 carbs but you can water it down and it still tastes good. I use 1/2 packet to about 16oz of water and it does the trick when I am sick of plain water.

I love my SANS soda but sometimes I don't want a bubbly drink so this works. It does not have a nasty after taste and is really refreshing. I wanted to share this product because it seems that at the grocery store the shelves are over-stocked with regular Crystal Light products that contain aspartame. I get migraines and muscle pain from aspartame. I also do not like the after taste of sucralose.

Just thought those of you out there who have problems with aspartame side effects or cringe at the taste of sucralose would like to know about this product. My favorites are Strawberry Kiwi, Mixed Berries and Tropical Blend.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Crystal Light PURE Fitness
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »
It sounds good, but 8 carbs per packet seems high!  Even at half a pack, I am just too stingy with my carbs.   I'd be thinking of all the yummy stuff I could eat for 4 carbs.  :-\   I use the Wyler's light with 0 carbs, but I'd have to look at the pack...it probably contains the sweetners that cause you problems. ?  Maybe someone out there has some other ideas for you.  Sometimes just a little squeeze of lemon is enough to make water more enjoyable...  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:17:21 AM »
Could you list the label ingredients and counts for me. I'd like to take a peek and I was unable to find a nutritional label anywhere on the web.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:32 AM »
I like seltzer with alittle sugarfree flavored coffee syrup.The flavors are amazing.Sometomes i add alittle cream with the coffee syrup for a italian soda. ;) Most of my coffee syrup are made with splenda but i have seen them at the health food store made with stevia.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:51:09 AM by umpa »

sansucre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »
I found the info for the grape flavor that one is actually 3 carbs per 1/2 packet. Here is the link:

http://dailyburn.com/nutrition/crystal_light__pure_fitness_from_crystal_light_-_grape_calories

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »
Make this the first thing to go when you plateau.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

sansucre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA! Funny you should say that. I'm in a plateau right now. I suspected it might be the PURE and have been watering it waaay down. Once the weather cools down I'll stop craving it. I always get like this when it's hot out. That's why discovering the xylitol snow cones has been a God-send this year.

One thing about eating low carb that is cool is that when I plateau, I plateau - I don't gain weight, so when I decide to go for the next chunk of weight loss I am starting where I left off, not starting over.

I have lost 35 pounds this year and have about 25 to go. :D

sansucre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
Okay Doug, now you've got me going. I am going to see if I can find some kind of berry powders and use xylitol to make my own fruit powder for water that is plateau-friendly. I will let you know how that goes...

;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »
Hi sansucre! :)

I think what Doug was trying to say is that sugar alcohols (like xylitol) can cause plateaus.
They should be the first thing you eliminate if your weight loss stalls out.

The best beverage for weight loss and the body's vital function support is plain water.
Be sure to drink lots of it every day for best benefit.
What you do today is what matters!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »
Hi sansucre.  Congrats on the weight loss.  I agree with everyone here that the best is to drink just plain water.  Like you, though, I like something a little different.  We were introduced to the Mio liquid water enhancers made by Kraft.  I love all the flavors except peach tea or sweet tea  ::)

Here is a link you can check them out, 0 carbs (and 0 everything).  We started using them first for the convenience when eating out.  The liquid desolved better in a glass of ice water than the crystal lite packs.  There is a nutrition label for each flavor if you click just under the glass.

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/pages/about-mio.html
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

sansucre

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
MIO has sucralose in it. I don't know if it's just me but I really can't handle the taste of it. Thanks for the input though. This is a great support group!