Author Topic: Julian Bakery Paleo Bread  (Read 11625 times)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
Julian Bakery Paleo Bread
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »
They have 2 new breads - coconut and almond - both have only 5 ingredients - looks good - has anyone tried it?

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
Re: Julian Bakery Paleo Bread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:16:36 AM »
Kim if thatis all that's in there we should be able to make it ourselves , I know that there other bread they claim to be 1 carbs makes your sugar go up . If the ingredients are true I would imagine it would not raise Blood sugar ,but I don't trust them anymore .JMO  :o

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
I"m with Jo on this one.   I'm not sure if I trust the company.  The ingredients list seems legit though.  I'm afraid their breads are too expensive for me, so I personally don't even bother  :-\   I'd be interested if anyone has though.   

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 01:50:55 PM »
Me, too!!!

Here's a post by Doug documenting his dialog with Julian Bakery;

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4694.msg48146#msg48146

A duck is a duck!

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »
I'm amazed how a bakery can be so dishonest.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »
Blood sugar testers don't lie. ;) We have several guinea pigs on the forum :D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »
I have tried it and I LOVE IT! I don't mind the price because the slices are personal sized anyhow, but the week I ate it, and I ate 2 slices a day, I still lost 10 pounds that week :) it was really great. I eat it everyday. It helps me when an artificial sweetener has burned my tummy...it helps fill it up too since I can't access GG Bran Crispbread anymore here.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »
Hi TabyTaby!!  I think I am going to get some.  I like Mahlers but am cutting out wheat and gluten.  I like the immune but need some more choices.  I think I will start perusing the bread recipes on the forum too  :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
Hey Kim P...you can try this recipe too...I haven't tried it yet, however, I've seen pictures and read reviews, they are supposed to be amazing :)

Dry Ingredients
3 cups almond flour (10 oz by weight)
1/2 cup coconut flour (2 oz by weight)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Kal Brand Stevia
1/4 tsp salt (if not using salted butter)

Wet Ingredients
2 tbsp Vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
8 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted

Optional topping:  Sesame Seeds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    In bowl, mix dry ingredients.
    Add vinegar to dry.
    In separate bowl, blend all remaining wet ingredients well.
    Scoop batter into muffin top pan using ice cream scoop.
    Hit pan on counter top 2 times then turn pan and hit 2 more times, this produces a more even thickness and gets out air bubbles!
    Bake for 13-15 minutes then remove and cool on wire rack.
    Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
    To serve: Carefully slice bun in half using serrated knife (or bagel cutter).  Toast on lowest setting to extra strength.

Note:  I recommend slicing in half before storage in the refrigerator  to make these Sandwich buns convenient for the kids.
Nutrition:
Each Sandwich Bun: A little over 3 carbs
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 12:25:30 PM »
Hi TabyTaby!!  I think I am going to get some.  I like Mahlers but am cutting out wheat and gluten.  I like the immune but need some more choices.  I think I will start perusing the bread recipes on the forum too  :)

Hi, Kim! :)

No two of us are the same.

And I can't speak for TabyTaby's experience, but be VERY CAREFUL when experimenting with products
known to elevate blood sugar!... After all, that's how we got FAT in the first place! :o

However, TabyTaby's recipe looks very good!
I will give it a try before it gets much warmer around here. :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
I hope the recipe works out for ya'll! I've got to get a muffin top pan :\ the paleo bread shouldn't elevate blood sugar, but everyone is different! I hope this recipe works well...definitely cheaper :D

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 01:49:52 AM »
Isn't that the truth!  I think it's 9.00 a loaf here. Gonna make this recipe an :)d let ya'll know how it is  :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
My 1 net carb California Lifestyle Flax/Soy bread is $4.95 a loaf. It actually costs me LESS to buy than make it homemade.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
We don't have that bread where I live Susie but how cool is that? Less work and more for your money :D can't beat that! Please do let us know how it goes Kim P! I'm going to try it as soon as I get a muffin top pan!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »
I personally feel bread in any form is over rated. I still prefer wrapping foods of all kinds in lettuce. A fat rare cheeseburger nestled in Ice Burg, grilled Italian sausage with onion and peppers wrapped in Romaine, BLT with an egg wrapped in Romaine and countless others. When I do want something other than lettuce a low carb Tortilla works great for me. Last week I found pacs of LaTortilla Low Carb at Go Grocery for $3.99 each...and that was for the packs that have 20 tortillas! I bought 5 and placed them in the freezer... that's 100 tortillas sitting in the freezer....enough for a year. GG brancrisp is still my fav for a crunchy texture...topped with Tuna and cheese is delish. I think we try to replace bread because we know its a challenge. Umpa did buy the 1 net carb California Lifestyle Flax/Soy bread and she has a piece of toast every couple of days...it's OK but a bit "spongy" for me...I couldn't see using it as a sandwich replacement for my lettuce leaves.

If you have a Hardys hamburger joint nearby you can pick up their low carb burger wrapped in Ice Burg, just have them hold the pickles and ketchup.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)