Author Topic: My first week is almost in  (Read 4913 times)

snowman

• View Profile
My first week is almost in
« on: February 04, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
Hi Hi everyone.  I just read the book, love it and so far all is well.  Cravings are gone and feeling great.  I know from the past when I followed the protein power plan it took about 3-4 days in to get rid of the cravings.  I'm from Canada and I'm going to go to the States tomorrow to look for some different products more available there.  My husband has just decided to get on the band wagon with me this morning and I'm thrilled.  We both have to get going pretty fast in the morning and 1 was wondering about some breakfast ideas for him other than hard boiled eggs.  He is OK with that but I don't want it to get old too fast for him.  I have ordered the GG crackers and they have just arrived at my office so I will get them Monday.  Have any of you tried the optimum bars, are they good and where can I purchase in the States without ordering and paying for shipping cost? etc.  All of you are so supportive on the site and your stories keep us new ones going.  My sister got me started on this and the food bank has benefited greatly by cleaning out my cupboards.  I sent 5 full bags over and felt wonderful that I took that step.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My first week is almost in
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »
Hi Snowman and welcome to the forum!  So glad you are joining this lifestyle with us!   Breakfast is easy!  I agree boiled eggs get kind of old.  Definitely try the one minute muffin and the pancake recipes!  Also check the recipe exchange section for the sausage quiche.  I love that!  I make mine with sausage, eggs, cheese, onions, peppers and heavy whipping cream.  It is really yummy!   You will do great!! It all gets easier as you go!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:14:00 PM by Maddysmom »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »
Welcome to the family, Snowman! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's nice to hear that your hubby will be living this lifestyle with you... That makes life much easier!

For breakfast recipe ideas, check here:
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=24.0
The FTS cookbooks also have wonderful recipes!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your (and hubby's) FTS journey(s)! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
Welcome Snowman!  I'm so glad you have come to join our FTS forum family!!  I also wanted to add that you don't have to stick to traditional breakfast items.  Many times I'll grab a slice of what ever I served for dinner the night before.  Sometimes just thinking outside the box will ward off the boredom  ;)

snowman

• View Profile
You guys are great, another question
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and ideas.  I'm very excited to keep going and have my feet grounded.  The other thing I need help with is how to find, use and post time tracker/ticker.  I know eventually I will get the hang of this forum but I thought the visual would be good for myself and  husband.  Thanks

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »
Hi Snowman  Doug explains how to do it here http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=46.0  If you need any help though please ask.  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
Welcome to the family Snowman!! Good advice above :) Remember....breakfast foods don't always need to be breakfast foods. I like wrapping Capicola (hot Italian Ham) around strawberries...4 or 5 of those are very filling...get creative and have fun with your food, lots of new things to discover. I'd rather you eat fresh foods than pre-packaged protein bars. I consider those emergency snacks when stuck in traffic, airports....etc...
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
I'm glad to see you on here snowman, especially since your my sista! This is so wonderful to have my sister and daughter on this journey, we might have to have a FTS pot luck dinner some night!

joagain

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »
LAdyluck snowman is your sister who is your daughter ?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:55:59 AM »
Meet Ladyluck our new fat to skinny recruiter! :D Welcome snowman! If I can help you or your husband please ask.I am umpa,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum. :)

ladyluck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
Joagain my daughter is ES15 and she is doing awesome on the plan!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
That's wonderful, Lynn!
Nothing feels better than getting healthier with other family members!!! :) :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!