Author Topic: My first week weighin!  (Read 56944 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: My first week weighin!
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »
... He does pretty well with sticking with it, although he mentioned the other day that he feels like he's hungry all the time.  He's never experienced me losing more weight than him before!  :o ...

Hi Jen! :)

Feeling hungry all the time means he's not eating enough for his metabolic needs.
If he does not eat enough, his metabolism will go into self-preservation "famine mode" and FAT burning will shut down.

Ask him to SLOWLY increase his portions of protein based foods until he no longer feels hunger.
Just a few more ounces a day of meat and/or cheese could make all the difference.
With this, increase PLAIN water and fiber intake to avoid constipation problems.

If I were him, I'd eliminate all foods with sugar alcohols (sweeteners) at the same time.
What you do today is what matters!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »
@Umpa - He's 5'11" and wants to get to 180.
@ Tony - Thanks for the input!  I did tell him he needs to increase his protein if he's hungry.  I know he drinks some water through out the day but I'm not sure how much. 

He's so used to in the past, he just gave up his beer and hit the gym and weight would drop right off him.  Now, he can't drink anymore because of his medications anyways and he's not able to work out like he used to...

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
... he just gave up his beer and hit the gym and weight would drop right off him.  Now, he can't drink anymore because of his medications anyways and he's not able to work out like he used to...

Tell your hubby he has my condolences. :'( :'( :'(
If I had to completely give up beer, I'd be very unhappy!

I enjoy a few light beers about once a month.
Any more than that, and my already slow weight loss progress comes to a complete stop.

Fall salmon runs are already showing up in our local rivers. That means I'll be smoking salmon very soon.
There is nothing in the world as good as smoked salmon with sharp cheese and ice cold beer!
YUM!!!... I can taste it already!!! ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
Thats the perfect size Jen.Tony is right.Increase his protein he should never be hungry. Boiled eggs are good on the go as well as deli meats and cheese.And of course water ;)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Hi all!  Sunday weigh in - I was up .6lbs.  >:(   I know my own fault - I had a very not FTS margarita yesterday.  I almost think I still undermine myself when I get close to my mini goals (30# is my next one).  Looking back over my posts here I am starting to see a bit of a pattern!  I will take it back off this week, I know this.  My next goal after this will be a short one - 1/2 way through my weight loss (32.8lbs).  Love you guys!  Thanks for always having my back!  ;D ;D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Hey Jen,  I see you have birthday coming up next Wednesday.  Happy Happy Birthday (my version of singing) which you really don't want to hear  :D  Have a happy day!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

shawn116

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »
Yes Jen Happy early Birthday!!  You are doing great..... good luck on your next goal!!!  We are here with you girl!!  ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »
Hi all!  Sunday weigh in - I was up .6lbs.  >:(   I know my own fault - I had a very not FTS margarita yesterday.  I almost think I still undermine myself when I get close to my mini goals (30# is my next one).  Looking back over my posts here I am starting to see a bit of a pattern!  I will take it back off this week, I know this.  My next goal after this will be a short one - 1/2 way through my [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] (32.8lbs).  Love you guys!  Thanks for always having my back!  ;D ;D

Being someone who loves his occasional beer, I've studied up a bit on what happens in our bodies when we drink.

FAT burning will stop until the alcohol consumed is completely metabolized.

During this metabolism, it takes about 72 hours for the alcohol, the increased triglycerides (blood fat) it causes, and the increased water retention, to completely metabolize out of our bodies. This will vary a bit depending on how much we drink.
So seeing the scale rise a day or so after drinking is to be expected.

And now that you've recognized that you undermine myself near reaching goals, you can prepare yourself.
Knowledge is power... Use it to your best advantage! ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
All will be well,you have the knowledge to fix it! ;)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Morning all!  Weigh in day - down over 1-1/2lbs!  Gotta love how FTS works!  Cuz it does work!  Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend and a good week! ;D

joagain

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
Way to go Jen hope you have a great labor day also !!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2011, 09:51:47 PM »
Congrats on the 1-1/2 lbs! :) :) :) :) :)

Here's hoping your weekend is very pleasant!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2011, 08:54:29 AM »
Happy Labor day to all! ;)

shawn116

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
Congrats Jen!!  Hope everyone enjoys their labor day!!

chattycathie

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2011, 11:39:22 AM »
I worked Labor Day for my boss.  She sets up a cargo wago and sells her famous home-made ice cream (chocolate and vanilla) along with Black Angus burgers/chips/sodas, etc.  I had to help her do this and I was exposed to all these goodies.  I never ate any except a hamburger pattie and a diet Coke all day long.  LOL  However, I have gained back 4 pounds because I have eaten some small amounts of bread/pasta products over the past two weeks.  I know how to fix this, so I'm back on the FTS again.  I know I can do it.  I'd like to lose another 10 pounds.  I think I can, I think I can!!