Author Topic: WHAT A COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!!  (Read 5360 times)

eliruthy

• View Profile
WHAT A COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!!
« on: August 21, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
I'm 20.2 pounds down now, I'm going to start saying I'm half way to my goal weight at this point.   So, I went to church this morning.  We missed last week b/c myself and my baby were sick and I think I lost another 3 pounds or so b/t going.  I rarely get to socialize because I am always dealing with my 2 year old and we run out as soon as it's over b/c he's a turkey and we are done...LOL...anyhoo--- A lady from church just facebooked me and told me that she saw me today even tho I wasn't very visible for long, and her husband "HAD TO LOOK TWICE TO MAKE SURE IT WAS ME" and that I was "LOOKING GREAT!"  Totally. :D :D :D :D

scottinflorida

Re: WHAT A COMPLIMENT!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
Congratulations!  Isn't that a fun surprise!  It's great to be healthier and all, but nothing beats having someone notice and tell you about it!

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »
It was unexpected that's for sure!  It's kinda funny tho...I met up with my cousin and her husband when they came to town on Saturday and her husband hasn't seen me since I started and he said, "HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU LOST???" and his eyes were all big LOL......ALL I CAN SAY IS, i wish i had found this ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT sooner!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:03:01 AM »
Eliruthy is ROCKING!!  Halfway to your goal, congratulations.  I certainly am looking forward to that LOL.  I chuckled as I read the reactions to your weight loss by others, it feels sooooooo GOOD.  Congratulations!  Remember those feelings every morning when you start you next day of FTS.  Keep up the good work.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:09:09 AM »
Thanks!!!! Trust me. I am not even tempted to go off track. I feel better, look better ...thank GOD for the occasional sugar free Reese cup. I think it's the key to my sweet tooth..what left of it!!!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »
Thanks!!!! Trust me. I am not even tempted to go off track. I feel better, look better ...thank GOD for the occasional sugar free Reese cup. I think it's the key to my sweet tooth..what left of it!!!

LOL the "occasional" sugar free snacks are my downfall.  They are worse than pringles for me "can't eat just one"  ::)

Until I am "half way" to my goal I will leave them in store a little longer  ;D
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:19 AM »
You are doing great!I am so happy for you! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
Hottie!!  :o ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
Yeah, I'm not going to lie too much, I do eat like 5 mini sugar free reese cups/day...LOL.  They are my MOST favorite candy---and after you eat a few, you can't tell the difference b/t them and the regular ones---wonder how much weight I gained eating THOSE!??! ::) 

Thanks Doug and Umpa!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 09:40:37 AM »
You are welcome! Keeping up with a 2 year old is tough! When my 2 year old grandson comes to visit I live on cafe Bustello! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »
Hi eliruthy! :)

Congratulations on being halfway to your goal! :) :) :) :)

Like Scott said, it's great to get that unexpected positive feedback from people you haven't seen in a while.
It's so cool!!!... You go girl! :)
What you do today is what matters!

chattycathie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »
I have lost almost all of my extra weight.  My friend from Brussels (whom I haven't seen for 6 yrs) was just here visiting.  She thought my weight loss was from grief and didn't want to mention it.  But finally she did ask me not to lose anymore, but to start taking care of myself.  Well, I had to explain FTS to her and she was so thrilled for me.  So, sometimes people won't say so, but they do notice the new you!  Keep up the good work!  The rest will come off.  :) :) :) :) :)

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »
I have lost almost all of my extra weight.  My friend from Brussels (whom I haven't seen for 6 yrs) was just here visiting.  She thought my [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] was from grief and didn't want to mention it.  But finally she did ask me not to lose anymore, but to start taking care of myself.  Well, I had to explain FTS to her and she was so thrilled for me.  So, sometimes people won't say so, but they do notice the new you!  Keep up the good work!  The rest will come off.  :) :) :) :) :)

That is so funny/cute!!!!!  I understand about the grief thing.  I got married at 18 out of necessity and when he left me for a coworker a year later, with no car/food/money/job and enrolled in college---I had grief weight loss.  My boss noticed and he knew what was happening. I think it's awesome that yours was b/c you were happily doing the right thing!

Rena

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 12:04:40 PM »
Congratulations on your halfway mark!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
Congrats to YOU Eliruthy!  You are doing GREAT!!  I sure do wish I had known how to eat this way years ago too!  I am just happy it's part of my life now, and I am just looking ahead!   ;D