Author Topic: La Tortilla Tortillas  (Read 19951 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
La Tortilla Tortillas
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:29:56 PM »
By far my favorite tortillas! I've checked many and as soon as I look at the ingredients I know the truth....La Tortilla Tortillas are on the level at only 3 net carbs per tortilla for original flavor and they taste great. Check out their website for a retailer near you;

http://www.latortillafactory.com/products-sd-lowcarb.aspx
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

3angels

• View Profile
Re: La Tortilla Tortillas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:44:25 PM »
I wish I could go to local stores and find these however the low carb tortillas that most stores around here carry are:
Buena Vida for low carb diets made by Azteca

8 servings in the bag 1 tortilla per serving

they say 7g of carbs minus the dietary fiber would be 4g carb per serving and 0g sugar and this is the ingredient list

water, whole wheat flour, soybean oil, oat fiber, soy protein, cellulose fiber, wheat gluten, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum sulfate, sodium aluminum phosphate, calcium, sulfate, fumaric acid, sodium acid pyrophsphate, salt, monocalcium phosphate), modified wheat protein, yeast, gum blend(arabic, xanthan, locust bean, guar), salt, calcium propionate (mold inhibitor), potassium sorbate (mold inhibitor), mono andn diglycerides, lecithin, sorbic acid (mold inhibitor), enzymes, sodium metabisulfite (dough conditioner)

can you help me Doug and let me know if these are an acceptable alternative to the tortillas you reccomend  ???

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 03:37:42 PM »
They have em at meijer

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »
the azteca tortilla you featured is acceptabe. 4 grams net carbs each= 1 tsp of sugar. Don`t forget to post a product review
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:05:29 PM »
and kroger also carries them;)

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »
I think the product is great.  I like the flavor better than any flour tortilla I have ever eaten.  I don't miss the flour tortillas at all.  I get these tortillas at wal mart and they average in price 1 wal mart carries them for $1.73 n another carries them for $1.96 but I think they are well worth the price. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:03:02 AM »
I actually keep tortillas in my purse so when I am out running around I can stop at burger king and get a whopper and just put it in the tortillas.Make sure you tell them no ketchup though.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
I go thru arbys and get a jr roast beef and of course only eat the meat. I keep tortillas in my purse to lol

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
since making the lifestyle changes in February havent even thought of whoppers lol or french fries :) and the best thing Ive noticed is when I'm out shopping and it used to be go thru the drive thru grab a happy meal for the kids and the big mac, ff n lg soda for me (happy to admit dont miss it at all) instead now the 3 yr old will say can I have an apple for snack on the way home since shopping takes me 30 mins away from home.  I think its awesome that she would rather have a piece of fruit than a happy meal.  you know it really is an eye opener for me that when we used to go anywhere the kids would see bk or mcd and say can we stop and they could spot it a mile and a half away lmao but, now they dont even ask or anything.  they don't see chips in the store anymore and ask for them either.  I'm absolutely grateful for this book and the help it has given in the even little things that you would never think of

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:33 PM »

I picked some up today and I'm going to BK wopperville ;D

20 count bag for 4.99 at costco
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

owensmath

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
I took my low carb tortilla in my purse to a pizza buffet with my kids. I ate a nice big salad first and then I scraped cheese and meat toppings from several slices of pizza into my tortilla. I wrapped that sucker up and chowed down! It was really good and I felt like I was eating normal food! : )

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:13 AM »
Still haven't found the illusive La Tortillas but if Costco has them it might just be worth renewing our membership!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »
Do you have an Ingles grocery store near you? They sell several types of low carb tortillas.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
No Ingles, I've only seen those in the mountains.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

imkay32

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 06:37:08 PM »
i'm heading to super walmart tomorrow to see if i can find them.  anyone remember where they are located?
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice