Author Topic: 3rd day SLUMP  (Read 4127 times)

Rory

• View Profile
3rd day SLUMP
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
Hi guys,

I successfully lost alot of weight by reducng carb etc. I also leaarned how to maintain a certin level of weight (very proud of this as in the past i would lose weight and then it would come back again)

I noticed that i can eat what i want (my brain seems to remind me that I should have no more cards after eating in mcdonalds, eating choc etc. I found the biggest help in losing and maintaining me weight was avoiding breakfast cerals and having a significan reduction towards bread products.

For some time now I have been eating alot more that 20/30 carbs a day (maybe 80-120)
My weight loss has been maintained at same level for the last 5/6 months.

I decided to go back to hardcore reduction of carbs......and hense the slump

I am on day 3 1pm my time.....and boy am i feeling a major slump (tired, not motivated, feel like CARBS)

any advice to get me over this

Thanks

Rory

shawn116

Re: 3rd day SLUMP
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
Hi Rory  Welcome to the forum.  :)  
Sounds like you are going through sugar detox to me.  Every time I let myself have to many I have to go through it all over again.  :-\   Everyone is going to have a different threshold for carbs.   Once you have lost all that you desire, you will start to add a few carbs back in to see if you start to gain.  Of course you will have other factors to consider as well.  For instance do you exercise, are you very active....etc....  Myself, I have psoriatic arthritis and can't exercise regularly but if I stay right at 20-25 net carbs I'm pretty good and can maintain.  Others can go further with no trouble.  How I feel directly correlates to where those carbs are coming from too though.  If it is junk....I'm not going to feel as good  :)   With all of that being said though I still say that at day 3 you are still just in detox  ;)   Let me ask this....have you read Doug's book?

Without knowing what your menu is....I would say be sure to drink plenty of water and maybe increase your protein.  When I went through detox I found that I wanted to snack a lot. So I tried to keep plenty of 0 carb things ready to grab.  The good thing is most detox very quickly.  Any where from a couple of days to two weeks....so hang in there  we are all here for you.  Again welcome  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:09:57 AM by TooSweet »

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »
Great new picture, Shawn!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »
Thanks Andrea  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Rory!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

TooSweet is right... Your body needs a chance to detox from sugar.
The only way to do that is to CONSISTENTLY keep you carbs at or below 20 a day.

Your experience is showing you that once you reach your goal, you'll be able to eat quite a bit more than 20 a day without gain.
That should be VERY encouraging to you!!!

In the meantime, for success, stick to the FTS rules.
Once you get past detox, you're gonna feel great and cravings for carbs will disappear! 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!