Common Questions, Ask Questions Here, Find Answers Here > Sugar Alcohols

sugar alcohols and gassy/stomach pain

(1/2) > >>

crystalhummer:
Has anyone had any problems like this?  I just had a couple products yesterday - no carbs, but one of them had 24 grams of sugar alcohols and later in the afternoon, I had some stomach problems I don't normally have.  I read on another site that it can cause problems especially with IBS.  Has anyone else had problems.  I had the best chocolate/carmel candy bar with no carbs and it was great!!!!!  But maybe not if it caused my tummy troubles.

Francine

owensmath:
Oh, yes. You will quickly learn which products bother you the most and you will respect your limits! : )

Doug Varrieur:
generally speaking the products which cause the most lower GI problems are sweetened with Maillol or sorbitol. These products have been used as childhood laxatives for years, although very safe you should be careful with the portion control. Next time only eat 1/2 of the bar and see if it still effects you.

jaderbuggs:
I have, through experience, learned to have small portions of yummy low carb candies and treats with sugar alchols as I ended up in severe pain worse than labor! I went over board but learned that I can eat a serving of candy (serving size is usually 2 to 3 pieces) and then several hours later eat another one, 2 is my limit. I found that I would rather send that money (it is so expensive) on good food.

o0OSusieO0o:
I taught my daughter a good lesson on pigging out on treats with high sugar alcohol candies. Saves me so much money now that she uses portion control, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version