Author Topic: NEWBIE  (Read 7225 times)

wmpmanna

• View Profile
    • Email
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:31:09 AM »
I am new to this Forum but how does it differ from the Atkins Diet,in which you have to go into Ketosis....How does this differ....thx

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »
Welcome wmpmanna! I am Umpa,Dougs wife .If I can help you please ask :) The difference is we don't remove foods we replace them.That way after you lose the weight there are no foods to add back in to gain the weight back.Diet cycle broken. I am not a big fan of atkins food products though the sugar alcohols are too high and can stall weight loss :) Enjoy the forum.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family, wmpmanna!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I've tried the Atkins Diets (the early 1970s version and the more current one).
With both, I lost some weight. But then, put it ALL back on plus MORE! :o
This also been true with EVERY other diet I've tried.

FTS is the first real program that has made a permanent change for me.
I've lived the FTS lifestyle for over 2.5 years, and am still doing great!!! :) :) :)
I'm healthier than I've been in over 30 years! ;D

Tony
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:24:31 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum wmpmanna   :)

Simply put Atkins is a diet and FTS is a lifestyle change.  Like Umpa said....we find replacements for all our favorite foods so there is no need to add the sugar back in.   It's beyond me why anyone would want to work so hard to lose weight only to slowly start eating the old way and gain it all back.   ???  Which is what everyone that I know that has tried it has done.   For me personally the best part of FTS is how well I can control my blood sugar as a diabetic. 

Do take a look around the forum.....there are tons of wonderful recipes and ideas to be had.  Lots of support and encouragement to be had by all just for the asking.   We are just one big family  :)

By the way...the one thing I do use Atkins for, is the recipes they have listed on their website.  Some of them are quite good provided they aren't made with the products they try to sell you.    ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum wmpmanna, I'd like to clarify Ketosis for you. Think of Keytones as "ash" from burnt fat cells. Whenever the body is using fat cells as fuel the result will be keytones in your urine... This is the state of being in Ketosis, its a good thing :)

The biggest difference between our program and Atkins are replacement foods. We don't want you to buy and eat pre-packaged "diet" stuff, we want you to eat delicious healthy foods and never feel as if you are missing a thing.  I also keep you at 20 or less net carbs for your entire weight loss journey where Atkins starts to rebuild your carbs way to early resulting in cravings and ultimate failure.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 04:44:13 AM »
Welcome friend,  doug and umpa are right! This is an amazing lifestyle and it's easy and sustainable. I would recommend that you read the Fat To Skinny book first since the foundation of our lifestyle is described there together with the scientific nutritional facts that Mr.  Varrieur explains so well for us. don't hesitate to be part of our family and please continue to ask questions at anytime and we will be happy to assist you in finding the answers. Thank you for coming to our family ;)

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 12:06:50 AM »
Hi, I'm new here too.  I'm looking to get some motivation and I hope to get fit of 115 pounds within 2 years.   ;D  I'd be nice for me to pick up a few new online friends to go on my weight loss plan. ;)
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »
Hello NoellBlue1, welcome to our family  8) The key to reaching your goals will be to stay very determined and on course. Keep in close contact here on the forum and don't lose faith.  Don't question the science behind FTS, it's solid and proven. I look forward to your journey from FAT TO SKINNY  8) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
NoellBlue1  115 is nothing ! My friend sherripie lost 228! You can read about her on the homepage ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »
Hi, NoellBlue1! :)

The purpose of the FTS forum family is to help one another with our FTS journeys.
This takes the form of answering questions, listening to rants, providing encouragement,
sharing recipes, sharing tips, and general support.

We're here for you all the way to your goal, and beyond! ;D ;D ;D

Tony

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 02:01:09 AM »
We're here for you! Don't forget that.

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »
Hi NoellBlue1, I can attest to what everyone is saying. I have been living this lifestyle for 2 weeks now and have lost 8 pounds.  :D  It is easy to live this way as long as you read your labels and stay below 20 carbs. I am so glad I picked up the Fat to Skinny book. It's gonna be a lifesaver for me. I am feeling sooooo much better than I have in a long time. I am 62 years old and was having a lot of aches and pains, couldn't move without hurting. Believe it or not in this 2 weeks and NO SUGAR I feel great.

We are all friends on here, I just love visiting everyday.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 01:12:50 PM »
Hi, Pam! :)

I agree with Umpa!... You're doing great!!! ;D ;D ;D

I'm also 62 and had many joint aches and pains before I started FTS.
Since then, they've all but disappeared. :) :) :)

I believe it's because carbs cause inflammation. And inflammation causes pain.
Removing carbs removes the source of the pain.

Tony