Author Topic: Scott in Florida - I'm back!  (Read 8814 times)

scottinflorida

Scott in Florida - I'm back!
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
Hi everyone!

My story:

I started FTS September 1, 2010 and it worked GREAT for me.  I lost weight almost every week, and ended up losing 80 pounds.  Such a great feeling!  I also was able to start running again, which I have not done since my college days.  I am currently training for my first half-marathon - the St Pete Rock and Roll Half Marathon in February.  Thankfully the weather here in Florida is going to start cooling down pretty soon.  I got caught in heavy rain this morning, so that was a cooling experience  :)

Since reaching my goal weight a year ago, I drifted away from regular visits to this forum.  I regret that.  My eating habits have gotten lazy and I've made too many "just this once" exceptions to what I know is the right way to eat.  As a result, over the past year I have gained back about 15 pounds.  This has not helped my running one bit!

One of the primary reasons for my success in dropping all that weight was my regular check-ins to this forum.  Every week (Wednesdays) I would post exactly how much weight I lost since the previous Wednesday.  This self-imposed accountability works great for me.  I know when I am tempted to make a bad eating decision, I have to think, "Uh oh - don't want to have bad news to report on Wednesday" so it helps to keep me in line.

My goal now is to actually lose 25 pounds this time.  I want to be "lean and mean" for the race in February, then I can decide if I want to stay at that weight or gain back a little.  So all I have to do now is lose about 6 pounds per month for the next 4 months.

Everyone that's interested can follow my progress over in the "Share Your Success" category - I will be posting every Wednesday, starting tomorrow (October 3).

Glad to be back!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott in Florida - I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »
Welcome home, Scott! :) :) :) :) :)
You've been missed around here!

With a world full of carby junk, it's more than easy to slide down the "weight gain" slope.
Isn't it a comfort knowing that you hold the key to losing what you've gained (and more)?

Unlike other "weight loss" plans, FTS really works!

So please use us to help you reach your goal and stay there!
We're here when you need us!

I'm looking forward to your weekly updates! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:53:14 PM »
Welcome back Scott!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
Welcome back!!!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
Good to see you again Scott  :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Nice to meet you scott - I'm sure it won't take you long to get back into top form.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »
Thanks for your story Scott, welcome back to the forum. It is soooo easy to put weight back on when we who are so sensitive to carbs add them back into our lives. What's interesting is to realize that the 15 pounds came back on with "just this once exceptions" during a time of your life when you've been running  :o :o This tells me you, like myself are very sensitive to carbs and adhering to a strict low carb lifestyle regardless of exercise will be the only way to stay thin. 

The weight will come back off, you know exactly what to do  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »
Welcome back, Scott. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Welcome back  :)

BettyBatter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
Welcome, Scott!

I haven't yet checked out the 'share your success' section... but I'll be keeping tabs on you. ;)

scottinflorida

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
Welcome, Scott!

I haven't yet checked out the 'share your success' section... but I'll be keeping tabs on you. ;)

I just looked at your website - you have some unique extra temptations that look delicious!

BettyBatter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 09:54:51 PM »
Welcome, Scott!

I just looked at your website - you have some unique extra temptations that look delicious!

Ha! Yes, I do... or did, really. I ran a bakery/cake business before moving to Austin... I left my site up so I could pick up word-of-mouth orders and cakes for friends, but it's pretty minimal at this point. When my kids are older I'll get back at it, but it's a real weekend killer... nobody gets married on a Tuesday. Also, it's like hiring an alcoholic to manage a liquor store.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »
Austin! Now It makes sense you crack me up Betty! I use to own a Harley shop out at Lake Travis .Spent a lot of years in Austin and go back from time to time to visit my daughter who goes to UT. She is a junior and studying to be a hydrology engineer.Do you know Alicia? :)

BettyBatter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »
Small world! :)

Yes, I know Alicia... our kids are in the same school. She's the one who told me about FTS when I noticed her melting away. ;) I can testify that she looks fabulous and is an excellent spokeswoman.

Do you ever get back here? I'm hoping mine (11 and 12) will choose UT when the time comes, it's a great school! I LOVE Austin, wish we'd moved here sooner.

BettyBatter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
Also, Betty Batter is my roller derby name (I play in a league here) :)