Author Topic: Noob here, read the book and have a few questions...  (Read 12689 times)

shawn116

Re: Noob here, read the book and have a few questions...
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
I believe this one is Doug's recipe.....  You can find it here http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4380.0  sorry I should have posted the link    :)   

It will take a while but eventually folks will realize that fat isn't unhealthy and not the problem with our obesity and heart disease epidemic in our country.   Unless of course you are coupling it with all the sugar and carbs.....He may respond to all the research that is coming out now.  I have a hard time convincing my hubs too....LOL   Like with your sauce, you really wouldn't use but a small amount though.  Hope you enjoy it   :) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
Have your husbands read the chapter on how we get fat.Not even your doctor can argue that,its science ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
I can understand having to tip toe around health nuts.  In my experience, the best advertisement is success and Alicia proved that.  You can start with "I needed to make a change and I'm giving this my whole-hearted effort."  Eventually you can move on to my favorite comment , "It works for me." 

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
It's funny that we call people who are steadfastly clinging to misinformation "Health Nuts".  I think Doug has made it pretty clear that the way they eat isn't healthy.  Now, eating the FTS way is both healthy and delicious.  Perhaps you can get the health nut in your life to embrace FTS.  Then you can both enjoy white pizza with alfredo sauce. :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
Doug's Alfredo sauce is GREAT in lasagna too! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just take any "conventional" lasagna and replace the "sauce" for Doug's and the noodles with steamed cabbage leaves and you've got a fabulous dish! 8) 8) 8)

To me, steamed cabbage has a much better flavor than noodles anyway.
Conventional noodles taste like "nothing".
Where steamed cabbage has a faint, but delicious sweetness.

A little trick I learned a while back is take roasted garlic, and spread some lightly on each cabbage leave layer.
That really kicks it up a few notches!!! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
White Lasagna!  I never thought of that but it sounds like a great idea for the weekend.  We can finally turn on the oven so I can make casseroles again.  The summer was miserably hot this year.  Cabbage leaves are wonderful as a lasagna noodle replacement.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
great idea Tony! ;)