Author Topic: Is this normal - to crave fatty and/or more food?  (Read 2829 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Is this normal - to crave fatty and/or more food?
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:20:02 PM »
Now that I'm back from vacation (where I didn't have any sweets) - I'm finding some foods just aren't satisfying me enough.  I feel an "urge" to continue to eat something.  I'm probably truly not hungry but … this is usually where the sweets came in.  Now I'm looking for some cheese or peanut butter to help me feel satisfied enough to stop eating.  What will help keep me satisfied so I'm not feeling this empty type of felling?  I have my father-in-law's wedding coming up so I don't want to overeat but man … I'm having trouble.  Any suggestions?

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is this normal - to crave fatty and/or more food?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »
Try satisfying that "sweet tooth" it's probably all mind over matter and I think we all go trough this . Jello and whip cream , sugar free candy, I like the cream cheese fluff with sugar free jello. Try eating no carb food , like pepperoni , maybe pork grinds for the crunch

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »
Hi, Sunshine! :)

It is not uncommon to eat more carbs while on vacation.
As you recall from Doug's book, overt "sugars" are only a small part of the standard American diet.
There are those "hidden sugars" in breads, dressings, etc..

When we eat more carbs than we should, it can cause cravings, false hunger,
and a number of other things common to a high-carb lifestyle.

The best way to deal with this is just get back on track.
Eat less than 20 net carbs per day, measure your portions and eat NO more than you need!

Here's a link to Doug's 15 Minute Rule to help you adjust your portion sizes:
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=f309bba0aa5effe631e02e0e8f608683&topic=5286.msg55552#msg55552

If you do the plan, you will find cravings and the urge to eat too much diminish.
You just have to commit to doing it and put forth the effort.
If you do, it WILL work! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I got so tired of eating chicken wings, bun less burgers and steak on vacation - I think yesterday I had like 8 pieces of bacon before I felt satisfied.  I'll keep moving forward!!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »
Im really not an expert but sometimes if I dont have enough variety that will case cravings.  Maybe trya newrecipe?

Best wishes.  Ithelps to have a goal of a special occasion that needs a new dress in a smaller size  (wiggle eyebrows).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
When I am grazing,not really hungry just snacking for no reason,I make myself a protein shake with chia seeds.Keeps me full for hours,full of omegas, and they keep you hydrated. ;)

juvee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:15:35 AM »
Hi there,

Hope you are over the "munchies".  I agree that adding some more variety may help.

For me making a nice roast with LC gravy fills me up and dampens the cravings down.  I allow myself roast pumpkin - the rest of the family have that plus roast potatoes.  I also have steamed veges - usually brocolli and green beans.  The "roast smell" wafting from the oven adds to the feeling of contentment.

Hope some of the suggestions by others has helped and that you are now over the worst of it.

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 11:40:48 AM »
Doing much better - thanks everyone!  I've tried to add in a few OMM here and there and that seems to satisfy me when I feel that void type of empty feeling.