Author Topic: I am still going strong-Hope  (Read 3827 times)

Hope

• Just keep trying, don't give up! We are worth it.
    • View Profile
I am still going strong-Hope
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
Well, I am doing much better with my back.  I weighed 199 at the end of May and now I weigh 170 as of today.  I went to my doctor and she checked my sugar level and I have brought my sugar level down to 6.2 which is in normal range. She was so shocked by my results! She told me she was so proud of me and I was proud of myself. She said what I was doing was working and told me to continue eating this way.  Doug, you and your wife, have changed my life. I haven' t been on here in a while because of my back pain, but it is slowly improving too. Eating right isn't hard to do when you understand how to do it, I am so happy about my weight loss! Like I said before, I have done every weight program and paid lots of money and never really lost the weight, but that's because I wasn't told how much sugar is in everything.  So until I stopped dumping sugar into my body even when I thought I was eating right, nothing worked.  This new way of eating is wonderful and I don't feel hungry or deprived.  Plus I can still satisfy my craving every now and then with dessert or a little sugar free candy.  Well good luck all. I'm still new at posting, so hope I am doing it right. Hope

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
Re: I am still going strong-Hope
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing your success Hope.  I'm glad you feel like being back on the forum because you are an inspiration to others ;D ;D ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

scottinflorida

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »
Hope, your story is truly an inspiration!  Thanks for sharing your progress!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
Yes Hope you are an inspiration.  Wishing you continued success!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
Hello Hope, glad to hear from you :) 29 pounds down, blood sugar back to normal, your back getting better and a happy doctor! Well, I guess there's nothing left to be said except;

Congratulations!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:15:55 AM »
I am so happy for you!My heart goes out to you.I struggled for years with back problems.The only thing that worked for me was losing the weight and strengthening my abs.I am not talking sit ups,just laying on the bed doing leg lifts.I had back surgery when I was a teenager.As long as I follow my own advice I am fine ,if I don't its naprosen time!Congrats on your health ! I am truly happy for you! ;D ;D
See there is Hope, Hope! :D

KEKE

• I'm Fat!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - keydenj
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 06:59:51 PM »
congrats Hope u give us HOPE!!! take it from me u do inspire us all