Author Topic: My husband, Rick ...  (Read 3958 times)

Rena

My husband, Rick ...
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
The goober has lost FIFTY POUNDS since October 1st using the FTS program. I call him a goober because I've been doing it just as long and am only at 36 pounds. But, he was heavier to start off with, so ...  :D

He's gone from wearing XXL polo shirts to large, which are already getting too baggy!

I still think he'd leave me for a loaf of sourdough bread, though.  ;)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My husband, Rick ...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »
LOL Rena, don't visit San Francisco!  Don't be concerned that he is losing quicker than you, men are just lucky, you'll get there when your body is ready.  By summer the two of you can pose for a new photo.  I have a thin husband and am now happy to be wearing smaller shirts than him.  It is very uncomfortable out in public to be larger than your husband.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
Hi Rena!  :)

Like Shihtzumom1 said, don't be discouraged if your weight is not coming off as fast as someone else.
Everyone is different.

You've lost 36 pounds in just over 3 months.
I've lost 37.4 pounds in about 4 months.

It's our human nature to want our fat to disappear ASAP... Like yesterday!

Remind yourself everyday that this is a lifestyle and not a race to a finish line.
You will reach your goal in your own time and stay there the rest of your life as long as you live the F2S lifestyle.
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »
Thanks Shihtzumom and mouseissue!

I know it's pointless to try to keep up with him. He can hiccup and lose a pound. I've also been exercising 30+ minutes everyday, whereas he doesn't. He shovels snow and does the driveway though, so he burns a lot doing that. He's doing really good with his weight-loss so far.

I'm not discouraged -- I can now wear my wedding ring set that I haven't been able to get on in 11 years. And then I had a whole stack of pants in my closet, some of which I'd never even worn before. I can wear them ALL and some of them are evern too lose now. So, all is good!

Thanks for your encouragement!  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 08:14:15 AM »
Congrats to both of you! ;D

Hope

• Just keep trying, don't give up! We are worth it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
Don't be to down on yourself, you have lost a lot of weight! WOW!  Women were made to store fat and have babies, wouldn't you know it.  Men have a hard time losing weight but women have it even harder!  My husband always loses weight faster than me, and that is a pain in the a-- but girl you have lost almost half a body.  Almost 4 sacks of potatoes.  That is a lot of weight.  Good luck to both of you.
Hope

Rena

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
Thank you!

Rena

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:23:31 PM »
Thanks again, everyone. Rick just lost one of his best friends to a snowboarding accident on Saturday, so things are super tough for him right now. He's sticking with the program and holding at 50 pounds, but in all other regards he's devastated right now.

:'(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
Rena,

I'm sad to hear about your husband's loss of a best friend to such a tragic accident.

One silver lining is that Rick's friend died probably doing something he/she loved very much.
When my time comes, I pray that I'm so fortunate.

Please let Rick know that he is in my thoughts and prayers.
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 05:26:07 PM »
Rick & Rena, sorry for your loss.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email