Author Topic: Checking in on the peeps  (Read 3228 times)

Hope

• Just keep trying, don't give up! We are worth it.
    • View Profile
Checking in on the peeps
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »
Hope all are doing well and got through the holidays.  I ate a few carbs through the hollidays but knew that would happen so I was ok with it.  I went to the doctor Thursday and for the second time in 6 months my blood sugar was normal (6.2) and my blood pressure was normal.  I thank Doug and his book and he and his wife's dedication to helping all of us to get our lives back.  I am on my last 20 pounds. My goal is 150 pounds and I know I will get there. :) To me patience is the key to my success. When I started on Fat to Skinny fast and easy I weighed 199 pounds and had a 8.0 sugar level  and my blood pressure was high.  I am also a diabetic as of the last 3 years and my doctor was not happy and neither was I.  My clothes were all to tight and the doctor kept wanting to put me on so much medication that I was scared.  Now, my weight is down, my sugars are normal, and my doctor and I are both happy about the change in my body.  I am 60 years old and want to be around to see my grandkids grow up. I don't know what fate has in store for me but at least I know now what I can do for me to be more healthy.  I also tore a disk in my back when I started Fat to Skinny and that was so disheartening, but I never gave up and I am doing much better with that now. I had to be patient with the pain and went to an accupuncturist.  He helped me a lot throught the pain and Fat to Skinny helped me with my life.  So I'm still here and have been since I believe last June.  Maybe some of you will remember me.  Wishing you all success in the New Year!  Your friend, Hope   

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Checking in on the peeps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:10:36 PM »
Good to hear from you Hope and happy to hear about your success.  Keep up posted!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:02:21 PM »
It's really nice to hear from you again, Hope.  :)

For quite some time, I did not think I had many more years ahead of me.
I felt a heart attack, a major stroke, or something was ready to strike me at anytime.
After being on so many failed diets over the years, I also felt that there was nothing on Earth that could save me from such a demise.

I too have grandchildren. And thanks to Doug and F2S, am looking forward to watching them grow up.

You are getting close to your weight goal.
You have the right attitude and tenacity to succeed and reach this goal.
After all, keeping our minds in the right space and never giving up is the key to success at anything!

What you do today is what matters!

scottinflorida

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
That's a great story, Hope.  Glad to hear that you are on the right track and doing so well.  Those last 20 don't stand a chance!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »
Of course we remember you Hope! Who could forget someone with such a positive name  :) Glad to hear you're doing so well  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:22 AM »
I am so proud of you! :) You have taken control of your life and are very successful! Well done Hope!