Author Topic: Okay another 1lb. down.....  (Read 4732 times)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
Okay another 1lb. down.....
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »
Well I couldn't resist I hopped on the scale to see I had lost another pound...not earth shattering, but it's better than a pound gained.

Now this is where the rubber meets the road....I have realized after reading the book again that I have not been counting the carbs in my eggs....boo hoo...Soooooooo I have decided on a meal plan that will keep me full and stay within the 15 or lower carb range to see how I fare with that.

I fully intend to make the Golden Flaxseed Bread looks really good, and I like the comment that it's filling.  I will be ordering FTS Zero, but until I do can I put Stevia in the place of the zero until I'm able to order it?

Also I made the Savory Base for use with Tuna, Chicken salad etc, and it was really great.  What a difference it made from just ordinary mayo. I couldn't believe how tasty it was.

Going to go through the Bakery Book and pull all the recipes that interest me and put them in a special folder for easy access.  I also put a cheat sheet on the fridge...now...now...by cheat sheet I mean a list of all the raw veggies I like with the  carb and sugar info so I can check stuff at a glance.  No more guessing for me.

When I buy frozen veggies I'll just do the calculations from the labels on the bag, is that ok? :)

Smiling all the way!!!! :) :)

shawn116

Re: Okay another 1lb. down.....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »
Hi Renee Sounds like you are getting the hang of things  :)  The stevia or whatever sweetener you would like to use is just fine.  We all use different kinds from splenda (watch the carbs in the packets) to xylitol, erythritol  etc....  Just adjust the amount you use accordingly.  Also always do read those labels, they are all so different with different manufactures.  ;)   I don't know about everyone else but that I believe is the most frustrating about trying to keep track of my carb intake.  grrrrr  HA!  Keep up the good work   :D   

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
Thanks TooSweet.....Those labels can be a minefield if you don't watch it.  I think I'll choose the ones I like best and just keep those in stock. Just going to make myself Chicken Salad and dump it on 2 cups of lettuce for my  lunch. :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:13:06 AM »
Congrats Renee, using the counts on the frozen veggie bag is OK but be sure to remove he high carb veggies like carrots and peas if you buy mixed.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »
You are doing great Renee! Labels even get me.I bought a block of cheddar the other day when I was in a hurry and didn't look at the label,it was full of carbs.Who adds sugar to cheese? :D

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »
I had a bag of mixed veggies in the freezer, carrot and corn, peas, you know the bags I mean...checked the label...needless to say that bag is taking a walk down the street to my daughters. Now I check labels before I buy..  I especially like the labels that list carbs 2, fiber 2...oh yeah get several of those!

I ordered myself a stand mixer with a dough hook last night, cannot wait for that to come so I can make the Golden Flaxseed bread...and no I won't overdo eating it, it's just nice once in a while to have tuna or chicken salad on a piece of toast.  Yesterday I only had 12 carbs...just testing numbers.  I wasn't hungry. I just used my carbs wisely. 8)

Going to go through the cookery book and also the bakery book and pull out my favorites to keep at hand, but going to eat my salad first with chicken salad (made with the Savory Base) on top of the what I term as "Rabbit food".  Yum that way you can skip putting any dressing on it. :)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 07:06:53 AM »
Always double check your labels....especially if you're in a rush and you look at a label for your frozen veggies and think oh yeah....zero net carbs.....NOT I thought the label said 2 carbs and 2 g of fiber....as I rechecked the label before cooking it was 4 carbs 2 g fiber!!!! lol.

I had actually looked at 2g fiber and 2 of sugar...my eyes had just hit on the wrong spot....still 2 net carbs per serving for my Cauliflower and broccoli mix was still good in my book...zero would be better but that's not gonna happen. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:48 AM »
You will get the hang of it Renee ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »
Hi, Renee! :)

Reading nutrition labels correctly for carbs can be tricky.
This is because, due to our culture, they are focused on calories and fats.
Plus, the U.S. FDA is not fussy about carb count accuracy on those labels.

For those reasons, it pays to take an extra moment to read them CAREFULLY.
Even with that, some prepackaged food producers give misleading or accurate carb counts.
Julian Bakery comes to mind here. :-\
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4694.msg48146#msg48146

Given that, it's also a good idea also to read the ingredients lists on the labels.
My rule is... If any one of the first three ingredients is known to be high carb, I DO NOT buy the product!
So be careful out there! ;)

And don't worry, we'll be right here with you all the way! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Thanks Tony,

Now I'm trying to train myself NOT to eat just because the clock says it's lunchtime or dinner time....I have to learn to listen to my body when it tells me it's time to eat.  Years of ingrained habits to break! :) :)

I'll get there.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
Yes you will  ;)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 12:09:16 AM »
Hi Renee......I think it's GREAT you are celebrating a 1 pound loss.  You know years ago I gained my weight ONE pound at a time.  And now that's how I'm losing it.....actually I like to say "I'm burning my fat off one fat cell at a time."  With me, I go by my clothes whenever the scale doesn't seem to move like I think it should.  My clothes just get more and more loose until I have to find something else to wear.  I wear a uniform at work, and I think I'm going to be officially told soon that I have to update my uniforms because they are too big. 

Some people have a pair of jeans or smaller dress etc., they try on at a regular basis.  And sometimes we just lose inches that don't show on a scale yet. 

Also, I always get a little bump up on the scale after a loss.  So I've just learned to enjoy every pound loss, but when the scale doesn't show it, I enjoy the inches lost in my clothes.....

Best wishes for your success and keep on posting with us. 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »
I agree Elizabeth779, in regards to the fit of the clothes.  My scale has been sitting on the same number now for about 5-6 weeks, no matter what time of day or night (clothed or not) - seriously considering changing the battery cos that's just wrong - but my clothes just seem to be sliding around.  All my favourites seem to be just becoming annoying, having to pull this and that up.  I mean that's a plus, but why doesn't the scale reflect it?  My work shirt cost $70 and it too is getting just that bit too big - I really am trying to hang onto it as long as I can as it is quite expensive to replace.  I managed to buy the same shirt (without the logo) in a smaller size for about $5 in an op (thrift) shop, but it is still a bit too tight - so holding out till then.

And Renee, a pound is a pound, as long as it's going away.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 04:44:17 AM »
Yes Morgan, needing smaller size clothing anything is a nice problem to have..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »
poor morgan :'( :'(   :D