Author Topic: Product Resources?  (Read 2034 times)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
Product Resources?
« on: May 25, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
Looking to find the best place to buy the flours used in your recipes.....Soy, Almond, Golden Flax seed etc. :-\

I know I can get them from Nuts.com, but I obviously want the best carb counts, so hoping for some direction from you guys. :)

Renee`

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Product Resources?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »
Hi, Renee! ;)

I buy most of my flours (and many other things) at Netrition.com
They charge $4.95 shipping REGARDLESS of order size.  So I usually stock up on an order.

Here's a link to their low carb Bakery Products:
http://www26.netrition.com/cgi/product_categories_display.cgi?categories=VLC,BAKE

I buy my golden flax seed meal at Costco.
The price there is good, and it's convenient for me.

Of course, Amazon.com will occasionally have some great deals, too!
So always check them out when shopping online.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »
Hi again, Renee! ;)

If you're asking about low carb nuts and seeds, my favorites are:
Walnuts, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and peanuts.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »
Hi Renee  Looks like Tony gave you some good advice here already.  I'll just add that the lowest almond meal I have found is the Now brand...be sure to get the un-blanched almond meal though.  It will work out to be 1 net carb per 1/4 cup serving.  As compared to the blanched that is usually 3 net carbs per 1/4 cup.  A much better choice.  Like Tony I usually purchase mine at Netrition.  Amazon has it as well.  

I also like to buy almonds at Sam's Club and grind my own flour.  I keep almonds in the freezer for just that reason.  I hate having to wait for a shipment.  Even though I have never had to wait more than a couple of days....Haha  Patience is a virtu right??  Well it's a work in progress for me  ;D ;D

As for the Golden flax meal I get mine at Walmart.  It's about the cheapest I have found it and has great flavor.  You will find it usually in the cereal aisle around the area with the wheat germ and granola.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wild-Roots-Milled-Golden-Flaxseed-16-oz/15716910

I don't use the soy flour very often so I still have the first bag I bought in the freezer, but most local grocers have Bob's Red Mill items.  That is the brand that I bought.  I haven't a clue it there is a better brand. So maybe someone else will chime it about that one.  Hope this helps   ;D

Just throwing this out there for the folks that may not know....you should keep your flours in the fridge or best yet the freezer to keep them from going rancid on you.  They will keep for a long time in the freezer.  Just be sure to let them come close to room temp (so the chill is off of it) before you use in baking.  You will have better results    ;)   Happy baking!!  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:32:17 PM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
i buy my flours by the case at amazon. I use amazon prime. Like TooSweet I buy Now unblanched and the rest are Bobs Reds Mill. :)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
Thanks guys, you have been a tremendous help to me, now I can start to stock my FTS pantry. :)

Renee  :) :) :)