Author Topic: The Results Are In!  (Read 5475 times)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
The Results Are In!
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:01:13 AM »
Well guys I now know why it has been such a struggle for me to try and lose weight!  I have been diagnosed with "Fatty Liver Disease."  My doctor was quite happy to send me off and treat me as a diabetic.  He was going to treat the symptom and not the cause.  So I did my research and found out that this disease is in fact reversible, and when my liver is healed everything else will fall into place.  At present my liver is a fat storing machine instead of a fat burning machine!

But what really blew my mind was a call I received from  Diabetic Education yesterday because I had canceled my appointment.  The nurse left a message that they were very upset I had canceled the appointment and I needed to make another one because treating my "diabetes" was far more important than trying to heal my liver.  She said and I quote "your liver is not important!"

So today I am starting juicing....I will be eating the rainbow....plenty of raw veggies, and drinking raw vegetable juices.  Cutting carbs as usual, but with much more success once my liver is burning fat instead of storing it!

Renee`

shawn116

Re: The Results Are In!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »
Wow...I'm so sorry to hear that  :-\  Sending prayers for your liver to recover quickly. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »
Sounds like you are in control,I am happy for you.I have zero faith in the American diabetes association.You can heal yourself ;)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
Absolutely....I will be sticking to a protein and veggie diet with plenty of raw vegetable juices thrown in.  For the first three months I am cutting out whole grains completely, and limiting myself to only 2 pieces of fresh fruit per day as fruit has a higher carb count due to the natural sugar.

As I progress down the path to healing my liver I should start to see some weight also starting to melt away. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 01:31:13 PM »
Hi, Renee! :)

Welcome, home!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Diabetes and fatty liver are both symptoms of eating a high carb diet for too long.
By drastically reducing carb intake, your body will be forced to use its own fat (including the liver's).

We know that diabetes is a very serious and deadly disease.
But it's clear that the nurse does not understand WHY you have diabetes and fatty liver disease.
Saying something ridiculous like "Your liver is not important!", is totally absurd!
A diseased liver can bring on death, too!

So today, renew your commitment to getting and staying healthy through the FTS lifestyle.
Your body is screaming at you to do it!
And we'll be right here with you all the way to that good health! :) :) :)

BTW... Make the fresh fruit you eat berries that are low carb like strawberries and raspberries.
Just be sure to measure and count those carbs!!! ;D ;D ;D

Tony
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:35:48 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
Thanks for the support Tony,  I was getting so depressed because nothing seemed to be working....I'd lose a few pounds, still sticking to the program and the weight would just come back on again!  Now I will be able to concentrate on healing my liver, by cutting out the sugar in my diet and everything else should fall into place. :)  As well as drinking all my home made raw juices especially for my liver. :)

Renee`  ;) ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »
Renee I drink herbal infusions. They are  2 ounces of dried herbs put in a 2 quart mason jar, pour in 2 quarts boiling water and steep for 8 hours. Oatstraw, Burdock, and Nettles are all excellent for the liver and womens health in general ;) Not in capsules though there is not enough of the herb in capsules to make a difference in your liver.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »
Hi Renee, glad to see you taking control.... make sure to keep your fruits to the blackberry, strawberry, raspberry and avocado group. If you ingest alcohol STOP. I also suggest you watch your saturated fat intake. Skin the chicken, cut the fat off the steak, buy 90% lean ground beef and eat fish 2-3 times per week  8) The liver is one of the only organs that can heal itself... you go girl! 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
Thank you all for your advice and support!  I am down 4lbs..I have never lost that much in a few days before!  My typical day now looks like this...2 mugs of warm water and lemon juice on waking followed 15 minutes later with a glass of raw juice made with 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, several red cabbage leaves, 1 radish, and one apple. Breakfast follows with a veggie scramble.  Lunch is a large salad with tuna or salmon and for supper I use the pulp from my breakfast juice as a base for a stir fry to which I add more veggies like peppers and onion and white beans or some lean protein.

Plus I drink copious amounts of ice water through the day.

I bought a steamer basket, so when I have a cooked meal I will be able to steam the veggies.

Buying all these fresh veggies may well bankrupt me.....but it will be well worth it to have my health back and a happy liver :)

I don't drink or smoke, and for the next 3 months I am cutting out all whole grains :)

Umpa...where did you get those herbs for your infusion? ???

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »
 I am a herbalist so I can answer any of your herb questions.I am growing my own herbs this year for tinctures and infusions.I like Starwest or Frontier you can buy them by the pound at amazon.com They will go  a long way to nourish and heal your body.  ;)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
Thanks so much Umpa...going to check out amazon now... :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
 These herbs also come in tinctures but most are alcohol based so stay away from those ;)

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »
Umpa you should write a book explaining what herbs do what   ;D   Sounds interesting

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »
... and for the next 3 months I am cutting out all whole grains :) ...

Hi, Renee! :)

I cut out whole grains when I started FTS back in August 2010, and have not gone back!

Whole grain "foods" are high in carbs!
If you're living the FTS lifestyle, there should be no place in it for whole grains now, or ever!

Remember... To fatten cattle, horses, etc., ranchers feed them GRAIN!
This works VERY well for humans, too! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »
I would love to toosweet :)  Doug and I are getting ready to shoot another cooking video , any suggestions?