Author Topic: Down a little  (Read 4982 times)

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
Down a little
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:03:14 AM »
I am down a little at a time but I am ok with that.  Cause there is certain things I am not changing.  So as long as it is coming off.  I know there will be times it will freeze and I may have to do something else to get it going again.  But I am eating correctly.

Denise

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Down a little
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
OK....Spill, What things are you not changing?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SeaGail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »
Love your honesty Doug ... we all need to have some accountability don't we?  If not to ourselves, then from someone who cares about our success as well.

Gail in WA
Gail in WA (the state)

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »
my husband and i have a karaoke business and we party and we drink and i like it and i know that this is slowing my weight loss down but i am going to continue doing it.  i drink diet coke and capt morgan and 1 can of diet coke is 3 drinks for me so its not alot of diet sodas.  i appreciate all you are doing, i had a wonderful meal last night, made a stir fry out of broc, calif, yellow squash and a tad of shredded carrots with chicken and steak fajati meat with olive oil and butter, wonderful meal.

printing out your cookbooks and going to keep going
thanks
denise

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
my husband and i have a karaoke business and we party and we drink and i like it and i know that this is slowing my [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] down but i am going to continue doing it.  i drink diet coke and capt morgan and 1 can of diet coke is 3 drinks for me so its not alot of diet sodas.  i appreciate all you are doing, i had a wonderful meal last night, made a stir fry out of broc, calif, yellow squash and a tad of shredded carrots with chicken and steak fajati meat with olive oil and butter, wonderful meal.

printing out your cookbooks and going to keep going
thanks
denise

Wow Denise!... It's impossible to be in two worlds at the same time and be successful! :-\

If I were you, I would cut WAY BACK on the alcohol until you get to your goal weight.
If you don't, you will be your own worst enemy and may even see some weight gains due to high blood triglycerides from the booze.

I am an avid beer fan and have been most all my life... I absolutely LOVE MY BEER! :) :) :)
However, I learned that in order to lose weight, I had to limit drinking it to once a month.

It was not easy.
But it came down to this... Do I want to die young enjoying my beer now?
Or am I willing to let most of it go for a while, until I can tolerate it better with little or no weight gain.
Personally, I have not figured out how to enjoy my beer from a casket. :P
If anyone out there has, please share!!!
What you do today is what matters!

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »
You know what I didnt have to share this about me but i did and I feel like everytime i say something i get negative thrown at me so maybe this forum isnt for me.  I am sorry, i said i wasnt going to change and i am still losing but at a slow speed which i am ok with and I am the only one that matters about my weight loss, so I probably will not check into this forum any longer.

joagain

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 03:19:30 PM »
Wow  ??? ???

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
Denise,

I said what I said because I care about you and EVERYONE else here.

I could be dishonest with you about the truth.
But that would not help you or anyone else.

Sometimes, the right answer does not have a happy face and may require a change we don't like.
That's just life.

If you still choose to leave us, I wish you well and the best of luck.
We will be here for you whenever you need us.

Tony

joagain

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »
Tony ya cant make everybody happy ,I always love to hear what you have to say !!! When we vent on a open forum you have to take all comments good or bad !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
Tony ya cant make everybody happy ,I always love to hear what you have to say !!! When we vent on a open forum you have to take all comments good or bad !

Hi Jo! :)

I know what you mean.

But my intent is not to make everyone happy.
It's to help others succeed at becoming (and staying) healthier.
I want to see lives saved. And being honest is the only way I know how to do that.

As Denise demonstrated, it is possible to lose some weight and not abide by the FTS principles.
The moment it becomes more difficult for our bodies to access energy from our fat cells because our blood fats (triglycerides) are easily accessible and are too high, weight loss will stop.
That's not opnion.
It's just how our bodies are chemically "wired".

Of course, not eating enough to sustain the body and continuing to frequently drink alcoholic beverages may bring on more weight loss. But it will also foster a process of liver damage (i.e. cirrhosis), which can be deadly.

joagain

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
Love ya Tony  ;)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
I absolutely love my wine! ;D  I learned the hard way that it stalled my weight loss.  A week ago I refocused and got truly honest with what I was putting in my mouth (solid and liquid) the weight began to move again...in the right direction. 
I still love my wine, but it is enjoyed a lot less now. :'(  (like maybe tonight)
I hear vodka has no carbs...(darn I don't drink the stuff).... :P

I love your honesty Tony.  We are all here for the same goal.   A lot of you have been here longer than me, and I rely on your knowledge of the program, what works and what stalls.  I don't log on to be lied to...I need support and a group of people who are not afraid to tell me to put the donut down!   :o

Two more weeks and I will have been following FTS for 8 weeks.  I am almost at 20lbs. 
Can't get any better than that! 

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
Hi momx04, :)

My dad taught me that honesty is the best policy in all I do.
It does not fail!

A word on ANY alcoholic beverage be it beer, wine, vodka, rum, etc....
Our blood triglyceride levels spike within 20 minutes of drinking an alcoholic beverage due to a response by our livers to alcohol in the blood.
According to my doc, it's takes about 72 hours for our livers to completely metabolize alcohol consumed.
Therefore, triglyceride levels will remain elevated (to lesser degrees over time) as we continue metabolizing it.

Naturally, the smaller the amount of alcohol, the less the impact on our systems.
But even small amounts will have an impact.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! :) :) :) :) :)
You'll find that it just keeps getting better and better!

Tony
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:14:53 PM by mouseissue »

joagain

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
Theresa, we get out of FTS what we put into it ,Dont we ?    LOL
 Thats why I come here so often ,I have learned alot . I would have never stayed with FTS if I had not been coming to the forum .  When we post a question on here we want a answer ,when we post a comment then we should expect opinions some we will  like ,others we will  not . And not get upset but whatever ,right ?

And congrats on your loss ,Thank God above that I dont drink any alcoholic beverages . LOL I dont need anything else I like .

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
As we all know sometimes the truth hurts.  

Hopefully when we hear things we don't want to hear we can reflect on it and and realize the truth in it.  Then use it as positive fed back and not dwell on the negative feeling.