Author Topic: frustration  (Read 6114 times)

3angels

• View Profile
frustration
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »
why is it that everytime i try to explain the fts plan and that we dont eat certain foods y o y do i always get the u cant deprive the children of sugars and breads blah blah blah.  and the guilt that they give me over it saying its not right to deprive them oh plz somebody give me some nice comebacks on y it is better and safer lifestyle to teach children and how it is not depriving them and how its safe for them  ???

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
Re: frustration
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 12:34:51 AM »
Society has had this mess drilled into their heads to follow the food pyramid and don't want to listen because these are supposed nutritional experts.  Do they not understand that sugar makes them fat the way Doug showed us?  My mother put sugar on my little niece's strawberries and I told her don't do that...this was a few years ago.  My mother said my niece doesn't like it with sugar....I said then don't put it on there...it's got enough sugar on it's own naturally.  Children are taught to like sugar and they can be untaught!  I think part of the problem is that they will see other children having sweet treats and having sandwiches that they can't have and I can see thatcausing a problem.  Peer pressure. It could also be that the PARENTS don't want to give up or be deprived of their sugar addictions so if they can't or don't want to make the change then neither will the children. The parents need to be education as well as the kids...it's a challenge.  Have you seen the Jamie Oliver shows where he is trying to clean up the school system meals....man he is really running into major resistance...it was economical and of course his main resistance was the lady from the USDA/Food Pyramid campaign.

I've been into healthy eating for about 10 years now but just couldn't loose the weight because of the sugars, I now realize.  I am a crusader for SF now!

If nothing else works...give them the book or send them one of Doug's video. 

I would tell them that sugar is like a drug and the way it affects their little bodies and their minds...do they want their children to be addicts..do they want their children to succeed in life/school, etc....it's no different than being addicted to any drug.  Don't they care about their children's health...what about diabetes later in life?  And if they are hyper or moody taking away the sugar would cure that! lol
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:36:03 AM »
They're your kids and you should be raising them how you see fit! It's no one else s business but yours~

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:06:41 AM »
Beebs....I didn't understand your response.  Sure they are that person's children, however, that's part of the problems in society today...everyone turns a blind eye and don't want to get involved.  You say your peace and if they don't want to listen or understand then you move on, of course, but now that seed is planted and they might think about it.  To me it's similar albeit less dramatic than physical abuse but they are harming that child physically.  I love my mom but I dislike how she raised me to eat...everything better with sugar and sauce. lol

Perhaps a more gentle approach toward the parent would be better received and make them more receptive than putting them on the defensive.  It's all in the delivery...watch Doug...he's a master at talking to people...he talks logic and facts and logic/facts are difficult to dispute.  When it turns to emotional pleas the battle is lost.

Anyway....I think I am getting off track and need to get down off my soap box. lol

Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »
I just think when it comes to eating habits people would applaud a mother who isnt drowning her children in sugar....instead they try to boss. that irritates me on her behalf.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:09 AM »
I view it as you are PROVIDING your children with a lifetime of good eating habits and therefore good health.  What a wonderful gift!  I have a step-daughter that is 22 now and VERY addicted to carbs.  She resents the people in her life that could have taught her to eat right and didn't for whatever reason. If I had had this knowledge when I was raising my kids I sure would have taught it to them.  To my husband's mother, baking a german chocolate cake and putting a DOUBLE recipe of frosting on it was a way to show love.  That is the kind of thinking that brought my husband to the poor state of health he is in today. I applaud your effort, it must be very difficult and being criticized certainly does not help.  You have support here!!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

UFGatorJenn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:40 AM »
My whole family is now living the FTS way...that includes my children.  My son was quite overweight and just yesterday he put on a shirt he hasn't worn in 2 years!!  I do get people telling me "they are kids and they need sugar"....WHAT?!?!.  My family is living a lot healthier and for that I'm thankful.  I'm proud of the parents that have opened their eyes and took charge of their children's health.

Jennifer

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 02:29:05 PM »
This discussion makes me very happy! We have a responsibility to teach our children. They have to be taught.There is no nutritional value to sugar.

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
thank you for support on this.  the one thing was this weekend gma says to the 3 yr old I'm gonna have to bring you to my house for a week so you can learn how to eat  >:(  she knows how to eat and I'm happy that broccoli, cauliflower, salad and green beans arent something yucky anymore but something she will eat but, just because she doesnt get sugary foods and carbs she is being deprived

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »
     Some times no matter what ya say people just don't want to hear it. Until it's to late or they don't have a choice and have to make the changes. With the media the way it is commercials and all it's hard to know what to believe. I had been looking for a long long time now "w00ty w00t" no more looking ;D
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 07:14:19 AM »
yeah wait til she goes and then acts like a wild animal after bein pumped up on all that sugar!

pearle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
   Obiesty is growing, kid's need to be thaught good habits. Giving in to everything they want is setting them up for trouble in life.

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »
People won't listen until they are desperate for the answer.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 01:15:37 PM »
Amen to that pearle!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2