Author Topic: Ihop/breakfast restaurants  (Read 5122 times)

jess

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to :>
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ihop/breakfast restaurants
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »
Hi Carb Warriors  ;D
Wanted to go eat "out" for a change the other night and thought eggs and sausage would be tasty on a cold winter's eve.  I decided to look up the omelette nutritional info for Ihop before heading out the door.  Yup.  Loaded.  They use a pre-made mix.  Some of the omelettes have 100+ grams in them.  And that's just the ones with meat and cheese, no sauces or extras.  We went anyway and I ordered some yummy fried eggs (yolk popped and fried hard...mmmmm) with bacon on the side, sans pancakes!
Anywho, its great being able to look things up before you go, eh?  No surprises that way. :)

I'm feeling relatively proud of myself for finding this out.  So, for the many of you who already knew all of this, just play along and pretend I'm really smart.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Let go and let God

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Ihop/breakfast restaurants
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:19:29 AM »
Way to go, Jess! :) :) :)

That's EXACTLY how to enjoy restaurant foods without worry.
And I think you're VERY smart for doing it.
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
I'm feeling relatively proud of myself for finding this out.  So, for the many of you who already knew all of this, just play along and pretend I'm really smart. 

You crack me up Jess!!   :D :D

Who would think and basic omelet would have so many carbs!! :o  Thanks for sharing  ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
Oh my!!  I have had that Colorado omlette several times!!  yikes!   No wonder I stall out sometimes.  :-\  Thanks for the heads up.  I have GOT to be more careful.

joagain

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »
Yes Jess you are really smart I just had to learn about doing it 6 years ago when Tyler got diabetes . no place had it at the store then everything was online .

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »
Jess, don't have to pretend that you are really smart, because that rocked!  Also had a great "chuckle", thanks for that.  The place I have been avoiding is Applebees.  My mom goes there a lot and always wants me to join her.  When I looked up their nutritional info on the web even their salads would knock your socks off for high carbs.  The other day I thought about it, decided I could just get a burger and lose the bun.  One time right after I started FTS I ordered their grilled shrimp with no sauce, the price for 8 shrimp was crazy.

By the way, congratulations!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

jess

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
 ;D thanks fellow soldiers!  The battle rages on...to victory and beyond!!
Let go and let God

jess

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
Hey Jo, does Tyler have type one or two? I've had type one for 28 years.  And while I have made some stupid choices along the way, and struggle with the weight not coming off as easily as it may for others, THIS style of living has helped me like none other.  And too, technology has come so far!  Insulin pumps...etc.  diabetes does not control me, I control it!
Give Tyler a hug for me!
Let go and let God

joagain

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 05:52:44 AM »
Hey jess he has Type 1 ,when he was 10 they sent him home eating 75-100 carbs per meal and 3 -15 carb snacks a day . Which you can imagine how much insulin he needed with all those carbs . He got round as a butterball !
So I researched found Tudiabetes site seen all the type1's eating low carb . I cut stuff back slowly and cut his insulin then last year heard of FTS Tyler eats more then 20 carbs a day (he is 16) we had cut down alot before FTS but more after FTS .
He now eats 0-40 carbs per meal his insulin went down from 30-50 units of novolog a day to about 10 units of novolog a day !

And his A1C was 6.9 at the doctor Monday !!!!!!!!  he is on shots not pump

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »
Thanks Jess! I didn't know that.You are super duper smart! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

Every time you post about how well Tyler is doing by cutting his carbs, I get a warm feeling in my heart.
Give that wonderful young man a hug for me!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »

joagain

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
Yes I will Tony !!!! you are so sweet  :-*

jess

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »
Holy snikes Batman!  I was wrong!!  They are still high, but I apparentlyread the wrong column.  Yikes!  Don't count them out, just eat half!!  Oh thanks Ren!  I'm so sorry you guys!!! :o :o
Let go and let God

Rena

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
Did you see the info for the holiday meals?  :o 1990 calories for one of them. :o I didn't even look at the carbs because I started to feel weak.  :D