Author Topic: Lemonade  (Read 2246 times)

readyforthis

• View Profile
Lemonade
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »
Umpa-
I am in need of a drink OTHER than water but not soft drinks.  I tried making lemonade but after making it I discovered that I was TOTALLY wrong on the carb count. (I thought lemon juice would be 0- that's what I get for thinking!)  Will you see if my math is correct?

I used 3 fresh lemons and squeezed them for their juice for a total of 12 (4 carbs each).   I sweetened it with less than 1/2 cup of xylitol and I added enough water to make 1/2 gallon (64 oz).  So if I have 8 oz servings that would be about 1.5 carbs per serving.  Is that correct?

Other question about juices-- I use Nellie and Joe's Key Lime juice and the package says 0 carbs.  Can I trust that or do all fruits have SOME amount of carbs.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lemonade
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
I love the crystal light lemonades and drinks. I only buy 0 carbs  citrus juices. i have contacted Nellie and Joes and they stand by their carb count.We tested it on a type 1 diabetic on the forum and there was no rise in blood sugar.My lemon juice also say 0 carbs. There is not much real juice in this product.The crystal light products are zeros.
your math is correct ;)

Rena

Re: Lemonade
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
Crystal Lights are good choices as are the Tea On-The-Gos. I know Lipton has some good ones with all sorts of interesting flavors. It's a nice change from water or soda.