Author Topic: OMM Chocolate Cake  (Read 7503 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: OMM Chocolate Cake
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »
Thanks friends! I need to update, I actually lost 96 now, and I stopped and cheated on the carb part of my diet for about 3 months, and gained 16 pounds, so I started back up 3 days ago and I've almost lost 10 that I gained back! I'm back on and going strong!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :o
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Thanks Umpa...I'll check into the lowest carb alternatives...like vegan mayo, the Walden Farms mallowcreme, vegan creme cheese...etc. Thanks again!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »
If I can help you please ask :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
Thanks friends! I need to update, I actually lost 96 now, and I stopped and cheated on the carb part of my diet for about 3 months, and gained 16 pounds, so I started back up 3 days ago and I've almost lost 10 that I gained back! I'm back on and going strong!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :o

Hi TabyandZayBaby! :)

I see you've learned first hand what happens when you don't restrict to how many carbs you eat.

Congrats on losing the weight you gained!  :) :) :) :)

The science behind FTS is irrefutable!
It's also a comfort knowing that if we ever "fall off the wagon" and gain weight, we can lose it again simply by climbing back on! 8)
The FTS lifestyle is fantastic!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »
It is! And I've also learned that if I need to have a weak moment and have a day to "cheat" which for me being vegan and such a limited restricted medical diet, especially since I'm also about to donate my kidney, it's okay and one day doesn't set me back...I just have to stick to ONE day LOL ONCE in a while :) thanks Umpa, ya'll have an awesome evening!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
Are you donating to a family member? :)

Rena

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
Hey Des ... I make my OMM a little different than other people, so you might want to do some searches to see how others do them. I've tweeked it quite a bit.

I spray a Pyrex cup with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter a few times. Then I add an egg white, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup flaxmeal, and usually some cinnamon (for muffins or pancakes) or some dill seasoning (for bread). For this cake, I've added a little Torani syrup in the past. Then I mix it up really well and add some water. If it sits, it thickens up a lot, so I usually keep adding water until it's how I like it. Then I cook it for 2 minutes in the microwave. But like I said, others use cream, whole eggs, and other stuff in their OMM, so there's all sorts of ways to make them. My frosting was made from 2T of whipping cream, unsweetened cocoa, and a little sweetener.

Oh, and for the cocoa powder for the cake, I found some by Western Family that's 0 carbs. If you don't have that brand then check all the "store brands" you can find. Hersheys unsweetened cocoa powder has something like 2 or 3 carbs per serving, but some of the store brands seem to be zero.

Good luck and congrats on getting back on track!