Author Topic: Julian Bakery Paleo Bread  (Read 11621 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Re: Julian Bakery Paleo Bread
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
Yummy photo! I've been serving hamburgers on romaine lately. Instead of tacos, we had a taco salad for lunch yesterday.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
Now that's how to enjoy a tasty hamburger!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
All the flavor without those starchy, carby buns!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
Boston Lettuce works nicely too... I find the round leaf easier to use than the longer Romaine type for sandwiches.  Personally, I just like to eat the hamburger or cheeseburger with a knife and fork, dipping it in spicy horseradish mustard.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
The only problem is the only sandwhiches I eat are grilled cheese...I can't see a grilled cheese wrapped in lettuce :\ I do eat Boca burgers too...and last time on the FTS I tried it wrapped in lettuce...wasn't so great. And eating those soy patties alone isn't so great either...or with just cheese...so I've been looking for something that would sub as a bun or bread for the one sandwhich and one burger that I do eat.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »
I understand your challenge, TabyTaby! :)

We eat La Tortilla tortillas (1/2 of a large one has only 3 net carbs) for grilled cheese.
I like to fry them with cheese in a hot pan with a little coconut oil. ;D

Another favorite around here is Mission Carb Balance brand tortillas.
They are VERY good! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 05:02:26 PM »
Thanks Mouseissue! I do believe I will be getting some tortillas today and making a cheesy quesadilla :) LOVE IT!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
horseradish mustard????mdanziger  I like the thought of that! ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
I like Boca Burgers...at 2 net carbs each their a great punch of protein. I'm glad to see you eat these Taby. I've had them wrapped in lettuce with cheese, onion, tomato and I think its a great sandwich. You're a very picky eater, I think you need to give your taste buds a chance to develop new favorites. For example, the first time I ate caulimash it didn't "taste" like mashed potatoes. It satisfied all the needs including texture and was loaded with flavor but it tasted different. Of course it tasted different...its not made from potatoes  :o They are a wonderful replacement. After a month or two I tasted mashed potatoes again and they were disgusting while the caulimash was delicious. Same thing with Shirataki noodles VS pasta, lettuce VS bread, caulirice VS rice ETC... Eggs are a wonderful food for you now that you've incorporated them into your diet, try scrambled loaded with melted cheddar cheese and a bit of hot sauce with some soy sausage on the side.

I know you want to lose weight and to do so you'll need to suck it up and develop new tastes for good food.

Here's my menu for you;

Day#1

Breakfast- Cheesy scrambled eggs and bell pepper with soy sausages

Lunch- Boca cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce with tomato and sweet pickle (make sweet pickles by dropping FTS Zero n the pickle juice of sliced dill pickles)

Dinner- Macafoney and Cheese with a side salad.  

Day#2

Breakfast- Soy pepperoni and Egg pizza (recipe on the breakfast board)

Lunch- Salad with a variety of different cheeses

Dinner- Black soybean chili and a La Tortilla

Day#3

Breakfast- Dixie Diner Smaps cereal with strawberries and unsweetened almond milk

Lunch- Latortilla veggie and cheese quesadilla

Dinner- Veggie and firm tofu stirfry

I want you to notice that you don't see any sweets, whipped cream, or baked goods. I know I just sent you the bakery book but I want you to put it aside for a while. Your entire body and mind need re-programming if you are to be successful. It's time for you to start eating real food.

What's more important to you, a long healthy life or the taste of sweet? A long healthy life or being such a picky eater? Time to decide.    
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »
Sounds good...some of tastes have adjusted, but some things I just don't like and likely never will...I love cauli mash :) I just hate the taste of eggs...I can't eat them scrambled...they make me gag...they totally gross me out, partly because of what they are...I find eating that detesting in it's form...but I can incorporate them maybe somehow. I do love Boca :) they are great...a little flimsy in lettuce, but maybe by itself...I don't know, I don't do tofu in chunk form, Boca is the only way I've been able to digest it...but it gives me a guide to adjust! Thanks so much Doug I appreciate it and I can definitely lay off the creams and such :P it's more important to be healthy for sure...and I've not been for a while :\

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »
Black soy bean chili? That sounds great! I have black soy beans in my cabinet now! Where's the recipe?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
You'll find it here- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4799.0
just leave out the bacon and the chicken
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
Awesome Doug!!! Thanks again! Excited about that one :D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Julian Bakery Paleo Bread
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 12:14:03 AM »
Doug, that wrap really looked tasty!