Author Topic: Tips to reduce weight in a month?  (Read 2855 times)

kellysousa44

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips to reduce weight in a month?
« on: August 08, 2017, 04:54:35 AM »
Hey!! I'm here to help my elder sister who is 250 lbs. She desperately needs to shed her weight as she is in love. I have seen the guy whom she loves, he has a good body and is very careful about his diet. I have talked to him a few times, he is a good person. No wonder my sister has fallen for him. I don't know if my sister can woo him but she has asked me to help her.
Everyone in the family is making fun of her and I know it is hurting her a lot but she just ignores it. I'm researching for weight loss tips and came across many weight loss programs. I told her about the weight loss programs but she said it will take time for her to shed weight. Is there any diet plan that helps to lose weight in a month? She needs to lose 50 lbs in 3 months. I don't know if it's possible.
While researching online, my sister came across liposuction surgery, she asked me if she could undergo this procedure. I have heard that it is used to remove the excess fat deposited on the specific areas of the body but I don't know if it will be of any help for my sister. It seems she has scheduled an appointment with a surgeon in Windsor to discuss liposuction in detail. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Tips to reduce weight in a month?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »
Hello, Kelly! :)

Liposuction surgery will remove fat that has accumulated on a body.
But it will NOT repair the cause of the fat accumulation.
The fat will come back (plus more) if the cause is not addressed.

Please read Doug's book "FAT to Skinny!". This book literally saved my life!
There is a link at the bottom of the page to order it.
The low carb lifestyle presented in that book helped me lose 100 pounds, 7 years ago.
And made me healthier than I had been in decades.

Why does your sister have to lose her excess weight in a limited period of time?
Whatever the reason, healthy weight loss CANNOT be done on a timetable!!!
No two of us are alike. And healthy weight loss rates will vary from one person to another.
Not to mention, a body that naturally loses excess fat is FAR more likely to keep it from coming back (plus more).

Losing weight extremely fast will further damage an already damaged metabolism and can also cause other VERY serious health problems. I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST IT!!!

Before ordering Doug's book, look around at the forum here and read about others' experiences.
You will get a better feel about the FTS Low-Carb Lifestyle and how it is a PERMANENT and healthy solution for your sister.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tips to reduce weight in a month?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:45:52 AM »
Ah...falling in love....remember that well.  It's good you are researching and helping your sister, but really it is in her hands in the end.  She is the one you has to make the decision and I know she wants to do it quick but that much weight in that short of time can lead to  a real problem if it doesn't happen.   

Does she want to lose the weight for her or for him?   Without details it's hard to say....if he is a friend (easier) she could ask him to help her with maybe a eating/training program.  If they could train together or even go for a walk together then she gets to spend time with him.   

Whilst lipo is quick, it does have associated medical risks, costs money, needs recovery time, is painful - it also leaves you with saggy skin and as Tony says  doesn't fix the underlying problem.   Pointless.   

What is it with family??????  They should be supportive (I mean you get to tease and stuff but they supposed to have your back).

Get her to buy the book or you can make a gift out of it.  If I recall it comes in kindle format as well.

Tell her take a deep breath and go for it.  We are all here to support and listen to her.   You may want to join in as well - it's easier when there's 2  ;D 
Even if you don't have weight to lose, it is a healthier lifestyle.

Go for it.