Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 2866 times)

Rena

I did it!
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:15 AM »
It took me 8 days, but I've lost all of those 7 pounds I put on during vacation. I'm now at the same weight I was before I left. At one point, my scale said 14 pounds gained, so you can imagine how stressful that was. By the time I got home, it was only 7 pounds gained. Now ... they're gone! WHEW!

And just in time for a weekend camping trip. Ha! At least I have our trailer and my own food, so there won't be any issues this time. ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: I did it!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
Woo Hoo!! Way to go Rena!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:56:27 AM »
There you go, Rena!... I knew you'd lose it quickly! :)

Fast is, WDW makes a good deal of money promoting and selling bad foods to the public.

On the other hand, camping can be a very physical activity with little emphasis on food.
Between that and the fact that you will have complete control over which foods are present, you'll most likely continue losing weight!
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
Way to go Rena!!  We knew you could do it!!!  ;)
 It's a brand new month!  I re-read FTS last night and got up feeling energized this morning!  My next checkup with my physician is set for June 16th. I am down 27.4 lbs since my last visit, and hoping to get a couple more off by the 16th.  Makes it fun to go to the doctor!  ....I just love the look on his face!   ha ha  Thank you FTS!!!  ;D

Rena

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  :)

Tony -- Yeah, even though WDW does have healthier food choices, they're not necessarily low-carb. It's good to see them offering carrot sticks, apple slices, and whole-grain breads. Those ARE better for you than what they offered before. But for a low-carber, they're not good choices. Even so, the packets of apple slices were about 6 carbs, which wasn't too bad. I guess that's a better choice for someone than caving in to a serving of French fries. At least WDW is trying -- I give them credit for that. And a few places did offer some no-sugar-added desserts. Those aren't always low-carb, but still, they're better options for low-carbers and diabetics. My big so-called 'splurges' there were sugar-free chocolates and a few NSA desserts. Other than that, I probably just ate more than I should, although I kept it as low-carb as I could. But as someone said (Jan or Sherri?) it's hard to tell if all their meats and cheeses are low-carb, which can certainly add up.

Jan -- That's great you re-read the book last night. That always helps. I'm sending my copy to a friend who was recently diagnosed with very high blood pressure. I hope it helps her. Good luck with your next check-up and I hope it goes well. I'd love to see the look on his face, too!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »
WTG Rena!!

joagain

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:29:09 PM »
 ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
Hi Rena!

I expected that WDW would offer so-called "healthy" choices that are better than much fast food fare.
But like you inferred, they are a LONG way from offering cuisine that will help folks with insulin resistance issues lose weight.

If you give your book away, be sure to replace it ASAP.
You never know when that urge to read it again for support may come along!
What you do today is what matters!

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »
There was never a doubt in my mind that you wouldn't lose the weight you put on at WDW quickly.  You are very determined.  Keep it up and you will reach your goal in no time.  Great job Rena! ;)

Rena

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
Thanks, Mimzy! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 07:35:53 AM »
The lesson here is 2 fold;

Off FTS, weight comes on
On FTS, weight comes off

Congrats!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »
No Doubt! Well done Rena! ;D
Maddysmom when was the last time you were excited to go to the doctor and weigh in??? :D :D :D