Author Topic: Thanks re: husband's back  (Read 1700 times)

Rena

Thanks re: husband's back
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
Thanks for all of your well wishes for my husband, Rick. We just found out he has a spinal compression fracture. We're waiting on the MRI results to see how bad it is and what treatment he'll need. A lot of times these fractures heal on their own, but we're a little skeptical because he's had the pain for a few months and it hasn't healed. And recently, the pain has gotten worse. That could simply because he didn't know there was anything wrong with it and hasn't been limiting his activity.

We don't know how he got it, but he has taken a couple of falls on the ice in the past few months, as well as the usual stuff of running the snowblower, chopping wood, and lugging it inside. So, with all that, it's hard to say when or how the injury occurred. He works for the department of corrections and sits at a desk for a long periods of time, which doesn't help. I'm just thankful he's not on patrol like he used to be, since he's a retired peace officer. The last thing he needs is to be wrestling with bad guys.

As for his FTS progress -- he's doing great and has lost almost 60 pounds. He's still grumpy and still misses being able to sit in front of the TV and eat for hours, but he's doing really well.

I'll keep you posted, but wanted to say thanks for your well wishes!  :)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks re: husband's back
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »
Hope all goes well with your husband.  Tell him he has lots of people saying prayers and wishing him well.

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »
Back problems are the worst...sitting at a desk doesn't help! Can he stand part of the time and kinda stretch it out...don't know if that's even possible in his job...but it might help!

We're still praying for him over here!!
Let us know what you find out from the MRI!!   :)

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
Hope everything gets better for him . Has losing the weight helped his back pain at all?