Lean On My Shoulder > How To Maintain Your New Weight

Tossing the Scale

(1/5) > >>

SherriPie:
I was reading a post by Umpa the other day about how she doesn't let the scale dictate her life. She goes by how her clothes fit. I am going to try this method for a month.

It's really exciting finally to have lost the weight. Just yesterday I was at lunch with a friend and she told me I needed to stop losing because I was getting to thin. LOL, no one has ever told me that in my life! I feel like I'm doing pretty good with the maintenance part, it's just I hate the scale. One day I'm up a half a pound the next down two, it is always changing and if I'm up even an ounce it ruins my day. So as of this morning I'm putting the scale away and going by how my clothes fit. I am in love with Old Navy. Never in my life have I been able to shop there. They have these fantastic fitting jeans, in Tall none-the-less, and I love them. So as long as all my new jeans are all comfy, I'm going to assume I'm doing good.

So scale...you can take a 30 day vacation...we'll see you again in september.

What am I going to do everyday without that stress? Maybe have a party?? LOL

umpa:
You Go Sherripie! Take the training wheels off.Just keep the carbs low and you will be fine. ;)

mouseissue:
Hi Sherri! :)

Like Umpa said, you don't need the training wheels anymore.
You can now live like a person that is NOT preoccupied with her weight.

Scales can be crutches that feed that "weight" preoccupation.
Use that energy for persuits that are MUCH more fun!

So let your clothes tell you how you're doing.
That's the way skinny folk do it!... You've joined their ranks. So go party on, girl! :)

joagain:
Dont live in the fat girl world anymore sister  ;),if you are eating FTS you will never have to worry

SherriPie:
Gosh I love you guys!!!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version